SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#207677 - 03/17/01 03:15 PM piano sound on PA-80?
karl44 Offline

Loc: Spain
Hi, my doubt is: VA-5? PA-80?.
Somebody says me piano sound of PA-80 is not good, others say VA-5 is a better keyboard for the same price... For Scot PA-80 is a big disapointment, for others is a great kb...

So, two doubts:
-Is there any manner to improve the PA-80 piano?
-May I change sounds of arrangement parts in VA-5, as I may in PA-80?

#207678 - 03/17/01 04:17 PM Re: piano sound on PA-80?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yesterday, I spoke with the keyboard product manager here in the United States for Korg. He called me from New York, I am in California. I really appreciated his taking his time to update me on the release date and features of the yet to be introduced PA-80 here in the US. Here is what I know as of right now.
First, the release date is to be in April, with version 1.5 software installed. This software will contain new voicings for the sounds as they are in the latest version available in Europe, along with many style variation changes which the US market managers have decided would be neccessary to attract the US buyers.
The software that will be neccessary to edit programs and edit styles will not be available at the first release dates. Korg is expecting to have this software revision available about two months after the initial release date of April.
I was told that this new version 1.5 was currently on the Korg site which I would guess would mean it is available to all that would like it.
As to how the piano sounds, I only heard it at NAMM last January, and wasn't blown away with it but perhaps this new 1.5 software might be making it sound much better. I hope to have a sample from Korg within the next 2 weeks if not sooner. I will report back then.
George Kaye
Kayes Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online