SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#203392 - 02/28/01 05:34 PM Arranger Keyboards "FINALLY" reviewed in Keyboard Magazine!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi everybody,

I can't believe I'd ever live to see this day when arranger keyboards are finally recognized and reviewed by Keyboard Magazine.

For years Keyboard Magazine had turned their backs (even after many numerous & frequent requests over the years) to include arranger keyboards in their reviews saying that professional arranger keyboards were not a viable part of the professional keyboard market. I think the tide has "finally" changed. The Casio MZ-2000 was reviewed in Keyboard Magazine, Feb 2001 issue and now the Roland VA7 is reviewed in the March 2001 issue. Both units received very good reviews. I'm elated to find that arranger keyboards are finally being taken seriously by Keyboard Magazine. With this review exposure, I am certain that arranger keyboard interest and sales will rise dramatically in the coming years. We on this board are the "pioneer" arranger keyboard musicians. YEAH!

Scott

Checkout my website: http://scottyee.com

#203393 - 02/28/01 08:30 PM Re: Arranger Keyboards "FINALLY" reviewed in Keyboard Magazine!
Dnj Offline

Scott,

Yes it is indeed a nice thing to see them review arranger keyboards. But I'm affraid you'll never see a truthful review from any magazine. The only truth is Right here on tis forum, from REAL users who aren't affraid to tell it like it is without worrying about what manufacturers or advertisers will say or do.It's just the way it is my friend.

Donny

#203394 - 03/01/01 03:00 AM Re: Arranger Keyboards "FINALLY" reviewed in Keyboard Magazine!
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Scott

Yes, I noticed it too. I was amazed to see the Casio MZ-2000 review. Then it was followed by the VA-7. The VA-7 review did not mention the lack of vocal harmony or the problems gigging musicians have been having with the touch screen. I think the reviewers ought to read this forum before preparing their reviews.

Clif

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online