SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#501658 - 12/02/20 10:17 AM Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi all,
Just received my 2 brand new Bose L1 Pro16 from Frank at Audioworks.
He came through again with great price and fast shipping.
Thank you Frank smile
I have been saving up money for a while to get a bigger system than my Bose L1 Compact for bigger venues.
Originally I was going to get the Maui 28G2 from Frank.
I had a the chance to audition all Line array systems while on a trip to Europe, including JBL, Bose, LD Systems Maui etc ...
The Maui impressed me the most at the time, including size weight factor.
I am a big Bose fan and have quite a few Bose speakers ...
Secretly I was hoping for Bose to update their line to compete with JBL and Maui.
Boy they sure did.
These speakers are Monsters.
What a sound.
So clear. Much better than their old speakers.
And they weigh less than the Maui.
Yes, they are pricey, but worth it for me.
I can here things in my voice and my Keyboard that I did not hear before. Wow.
The sub is unbelievably powerful. The dispersion amazing due to the angle of the speakers.
I did not need them right now due to COVID, but I sure enjoy the sound in my studio until things hopefully open up again.
These speakers will last me until I retire from music smile
They are exactly what I have been waiting for... Yay ...:D
I see on the Bose forum that people are buying them and are very happy with it.

https://pro.bose.com/en_us/solutions/por...mp;gclsrc=aw.ds

Eric

Edited by Eric, B (12/02/20 02:56 PM)

#501659 - 12/02/20 12:00 PM Re: Just fot the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Fantastic! I hope you get to use them in public in 2021!

I’d love to hear more about these.,Maybe you could make a video and play your keyboards through your new speakers. Enjoy!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#501660 - 12/02/20 12:48 PM Re: Just fot the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: montunoman]
Eric, B Offline

Thank you, I hope so too smile
A video wouldn't do the speakers justice as you would listen to them through your system.
I listened to some online demos, but boy, life is a whole different matter.
I have to turn the base in my studio almost all the way down LOL.
Somebody on the Bose Forum compared them to the L1 Model S1 which are rated for up to 300 people.
He said the Pro16 are more powerful with more clarity.
2 of those could probably entertain 400-500 people.
We'll see what happens next year. Fingers crossed.

#501661 - 12/02/20 01:25 PM Re: Just fot the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
frankieve Offline

Loc: Milford, CT, USA
Thanks, Eric,

It's always a pleasure doing business with you.

#501662 - 12/02/20 01:30 PM Re: Just fot the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: frankieve]
Eric, B Offline

Originally Posted By frankieve
Thanks, Eric,

It's always a pleasure doing business with you.

Likewise smile

#501667 - 12/03/20 06:58 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Looks like a fantastic system, good luck. How about portability with weight and pieces.? I've been very happy with my JBL Eon 1's but these are defiantly a step up. Love to see and hear them in action

#501668 - 12/03/20 08:50 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Bill Lewis]
Eric, B Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Looks like a fantastic system, good luck. How about portability with weight and pieces.? I've been very happy with my JBL Eon 1's but these are defiantly a step up. Love to see and hear them in action

The two extensions are pretty light weight.
A carrying bag is included that has room for cables.
The sub even though on the heavy site is a lot lighter than I thought and somewhat easy to carry.
For the sub I had to order a slip cover.
They also offer a bag with wheels.
My Studio is upstairs and I had no trouble getting it up the stairs.
The system is rated medium to large venues.
I have no doubt that this true. Especially with 2.
Eric

#501669 - 12/03/20 09:46 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
I’m always a bit skeptical about claims of the number of people a system will cover…

Are you playing in a large restaurant, where you are background noise, are you playing for a corporate meet and greet and are background, are you playing for an elderly audience, perhaps a wedding where most of the parents are complaining about the DJ’s volume?

Or are you in a noisy night club, competing against a massively over powered DJ on the breaks?!

You really have to ask these questions, and you will never get the right answer! SPL at a specific THD is about your only way to compare accurately, and nowadays manufacturers rarely release those figures, probably because they would be compared so unfavorably with older equipment LOL

#501670 - 12/03/20 10:00 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Diki]
Eric, B Offline

You are correct Diki
Here is a review from the Bose Forum from your neck of the woods wink

Pro16 Review (if any questions, put em in the comments)-- Used the Pro16 for my regular Wednesday afternoon gig today (Bamboo Beach Bar in Madeira Beach, FL). Until now I used a Classic with two B1, with the bass line out to a PackLite that powers a B2. Being an outside gig, having that extra bass really makes a huge difference and allows more volume. Well, let me tell you, the Pro16 was TREMENDOUS, especially regarding my #1 fear of feedback when I get close to the array. As per volume, I couldn't turn it up but MAYBE halfway for the most part, and could be even less. The dispersion was incredible too. Let me add that I use tracks so I really put it to the test as per the low end.
One great thing with the speaker array mounted in the sub, is the same amount of bass and treble on either side of the room, (instead of being a bit bass heavy on the side where the B1 or B2 is placed.)
I was going to use the T1 and output it to the Pro16, as that's what I'm used to, but at last minute decided to use the Pro16 inputs and the L1 Mix app. The bluetooth stayed connected to both phones (1 for tracks, and 1 for L1 Mix app) for the whole 4 hr gig. I have a couple wishes for the L1 Mix app - a TUNER, and an easier way increase/decrease volume in small amounts. The software knobs are tough to turn up or down in very small increments. With backing tracks, this is a critical part, as the RMS of some tracks will slightly differ from others.
As per sound- The bass was HUGE. Although only 16 speakers, the array threw the high end out far and wide. I would need two of my Model 2 B2 to match this thing. It was incredible.. Load in / Setup and Tear down / load out were both under 15 minutes (I have two wireless systems and two guitars to pack up.) In a nutshell, Who wants to buy my Classics? LOL
I just wish I could have turned it up full blast, but it's just too powerful LOL

#501691 - 12/07/20 10:43 AM Re: Just got the new Bose L1 Pro16 [Re: Eric, B]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
How does one L1Pro16 sound with the stereo piano samples?
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online