SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#495264 - 04/21/20 04:31 PM To Randy ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... heard this on Pandora during dinner, a immediately thought of you ...
I'll give you a couple of days in case you don't already know the tune ... grin

Edited by tony mads usa (04/21/20 04:31 PM)
Edit Reason: typo

#495272 - 04/21/20 07:12 PM Re: To Randy ... [Re: tony mads usa]
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Tony - wow. Thanks! I invested some very well spent time learning this song a long time ago. Clint Eastwood wrote it for the movie "True Crime". It is such a beautiful and haunting melody. Shortly after we saw the movie and heard this amazing melody, I put an arrangement together for it and have played it a lot on the sax. Haven't played it lately due to losing the backing track in a computer crash (but I have it backed up somewhere).

Now that you reminded me of this wonderful song, I will have to sit w/the wife and watch the movie again. This was the last scene in the movie as I recall... Can't remember the movie much but I do remember the song left both of us mesmerized - and of course the sax solo is so "spot on" for this ballad. Clint is so underrated - fortunately, Diana Krall has become a huge star now and I imagine this song definitely helped.

Thanks for the post Tony - I will see if I can find the track I built for this amazing song.

Here's a clip of some of the scenes from the movie set to the music...

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#495274 - 04/21/20 07:42 PM Re: To Randy ... [Re: saxxman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Wow ... Diana Krall looks like a kid, but she was 35 years of age then ... can't believe she's 56 now ...
I'm pretty sure I saw the movie, but I'm going to have to look it up again, also ...

But back to the OP ... based on your reply, I obviously was right thinking of you when I heard the sax solo ...
Now I can't wait to hear your version ...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online