SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#489248 - 02/14/20 05:13 AM How many hours a day are you playing music?
Dnj Offline

At home, in studio, on stage, or during your week..?
and what are you accomplishing musically?

keys

#489255 - 02/14/20 05:59 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: Dnj]
zuki Offline

Plan to ramp up home/studio work, starting in March. Been working on my home for 13 straight months and it's finally getting finished.

Coming off a 2 week, 17 gig performance will be a nice pause to break in a new board smile

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#489258 - 02/14/20 06:08 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: zuki]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By zuki
will be a nice pause to break in a new board smile

coffee good luck awaiting your full review

#489265 - 02/14/20 07:46 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: Dnj]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By Dnj
At home, in studio, on stage, or during your week..?
and what are you accomplishing musically?

keys

How many hours? Normally I play between one to four hours a day at home. On stage varies so much, but I'd say my performance time would average to 20 hours a month.

What am I'm trying accomplish musically? So many things!

Fluency in all 12 keys, with scales, chords, appregios, licks, and tunes.

Review the easy classical piano pieces I've learned over the years.

Review my popular material - both solo piano and arranger.

Learn a tune every week or so. Again both on piano and keyboard, sometimes guitar too.

I try to sing just about everything I play.

I am a better reader than "ear player" so try to learn something by ear every day with the hope of evening out those two skills.

On drums, I mostly prepare material for my students.

On both drums and keyboards, I often have to prep for gigs.

On guitar, I try to review the easy classical pieces I've learned over the years, and strum chords and sing.

On chromatic harmonica, I review tunes.

On vocals, I do vocal warm ups and sing along with my favorite singers. Mostly Sinatra.

Maybe "TMI" (too much information" but you asked smile

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#489269 - 02/14/20 08:09 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: montunoman]
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Country club: 20 hours per week. Practice: 10 hours per week. Studio (hired gun) 5 hours per week (sometimes, 30 hours straight) Demos for manufacturers: 40 hours per year. Studio time for my video scores: 10 hours per week Jazz B-3 nights, Philharmonic performances, trio jobs: 100 hours per year.

Wouldn't have it any other way. Looking at doing a jazz festival in Brazil this summer.

I'm going to keep it up until I get it right.

Russ(tone deaf) Lay

#489282 - 02/14/20 09:07 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Currently, none. My keyboard's still in the hospital. smile

Prior to that, just one hour or two at most per day, every day, mostly learning new songs, and trying to get my voice back. I managed to learn some new songs, but not much success with the voice, though.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#489283 - 02/14/20 09:09 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: montunoman]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Montunoman, wow, great list. Of the 12 listed I do 8 of them. I love your music, and how you play them. And your method of presenting yourself is filled with humility.

If you were closer, I would come and visit.

Keep posting your music, thank you.
John C.

#489284 - 02/14/20 09:14 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: bruno123]
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
For me; how many hours? I never counted them. I would say a lot. If not interrupted, I could spend three to four hours, and be happy I did it.

John C.

#489285 - 02/14/20 09:28 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: bruno123]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Originally Posted By bruno123
Montunoman, wow, great list. Of the 12 listed I do 8 of them. I love your music, and how you play them. And your method of presenting yourself is filled with humility.

If you were closer, I would come and visit.

Keep posting your music, thank you.
John C.

Thanks John, I really didn’t include everything.... Music is pretty much a part of me most of my waking hours in some form or another. I actually got a good practice session while taking a walk this morning doing melodic interval recognition on my phone, and then some concentrated listening/ “ mental” transcription of a jazz sax solo. Yes, John I think you and I would have a good time hanging out!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#489294 - 02/14/20 11:40 AM Re: How many hours a day are you playing music? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

About an hour or two a day..
Mostly when i come home from work
It helps me to relieve my stress
And turn back into a more friendly version of myself

http://keyszone.boards.net

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online