SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#488804 - 02/08/20 12:46 PM Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today?
DannyUK Offline

The price seems to suggest so. It does sound lovely.

#488808 - 02/08/20 01:19 PM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: DannyUK]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Danny, Danny, Danny ... them are fightin' words! What are you trying to do? confused1

#488815 - 02/08/20 01:35 PM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: DannyUK]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
I don't get it. Brand rivalries aside, what's the "pecking order" of Ketron arrangers? They're rare and hard to find. If I wanted to try one, I'm not even sure what I would order.

Is the SD60 better than the SD90? Where do the modules fit in, feature-wise? I know the MidJay Pro was more expensive than the SD3 at the end of its run. And it looks like they just released an SD3 version 2!

Which are MOTL and which are TOTL, what are you gaining and giving up? I'm confused.

#488830 - 02/09/20 12:41 AM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: DannyUK]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
For some people yes, for others no, there is no one size fits all.

Bill

#488832 - 02/09/20 12:51 AM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: TedS]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By TedS
I don't get it. Brand rivalries aside, what's the "pecking order" of Ketron arrangers? They're rare and hard to find. If I wanted to try one, I'm not even sure what I would order.

Is the SD60 better than the SD90? Where do the modules fit in, feature-wise? I know the MidJay Pro was more expensive than the SD3 at the end of its run. And it looks like they just released an SD3 version 2!

Which are MOTL and which are TOTL, what are you gaining and giving up? I'm confused.

First of all let me say this. It is quite apparent to all and sundry that the support of Ketron Italy is not up to par. That goes for most countries and definitely for "far away "places such as Australia, South America but also the USA. The USA are blessed with folks like AJ and Curt for decent support.
Incidentally, it would be interesting and I bet revealing to learn how many Ketron SD models are currently being used by folks in the USA, but I bet your bottom dollar that the amount will be staggering(ly) SMALL.....

As regards the current models, I do not really understand why there should be so much confusion. After the SD1 ( 2002) and the SD5 ( 2008) they released the Audya ( 2009 ???) which ws their flagship and according to its users it is still the best.
All I know is that it was a complete disaster to program as it has no touchscreen and so many variables. But admitted the sound is excellent.
With the release of the SD7 and its module the SD40 in 2015 there was a new model that was somewhat just below TOTL, the Audya still carrying the flag. In 2018 they release the SD9 to top the SD7 and which is currently their TOTL model. I cannot vouch for the differences , its built, lay-out and looks are identical to the SD7, but underneath the bonnet there are quie a few changes and additions,in particular the live guitars, and some better samples though most samples in the SD7 of natural instruments are already great. I will post a second demo later on this week.
Than finally they added the SD90 (module version) and SD60 ( version with built in speakers) to the SD9. So SD9=SD90=SD60.

regards
John

#488834 - 02/09/20 02:06 AM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: DannyUK]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
In spite of having older technology,my Audya76 is still king,sound wise.

#488854 - 02/09/20 06:17 AM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
In spite of having older technology,my Audya76 is still king,sound wise.

Bernie I have to agree it is surly the best Ketron arranger
unit ever produced IMO. It does everything so well
and the sound is amazing. Cherish it and use it on stage more and more.. keys

#488869 - 02/09/20 07:15 AM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: DannyUK]
Bernie9 Online   content

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Donny
I guess I have become a little lazy. I look at my old friend sitting there,waiting with bated breathe to go out with me. The laziness comes in when I think of taking a laptop for CDG,and no touch screen and heavier weight. It is no excuse. I will give the old girl a turn.

#488870 - 02/09/20 07:23 AM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Donny
I guess I have become a little lazy. I look at my old friend sitting there,waiting with bated breathe to go out with me. The laziness comes in when I think of taking a laptop for CDG,and no touch screen and heavier weight. It is no excuse. I will give the old girl a turn.

Bernie go for it buddy you might be surprised on what turns up...
good luck it's a great arranger KB.

#489029 - 02/10/20 02:25 PM Re: Is the Ketron SD60 the best arranger of today? [Re: DannyUK]
Vadim Offline

IMO: SD9 and Audya arrangers with best sounds

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online