SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#486667 - 01/13/20 06:25 AM Confession Time
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

For nigh on thirty years I have been playing arranger keyboards at home and as most of you will know many of those were Korg arrangers, after all there is no accounting for tastes.
Over the last few years my interest has waned considerably also due to my health and the fact that I discovered the joys of playing my acoustic guitar and learning how to play my (old yamaha stage) piano.....
Not wanting to stay behind I did purchase the Korg PA4X on its release but later on changed to the PA1000. I have had the PA1000 for nigh on two years and it has brought me little joy or creative incentive contrary to older boards that I owned , in particular the PA80 and later the PA800.
Last month I sold all of my arranger gear and purchased a secondhand Ketron SD7 and an old Korg PA50sd arranger...
And I must say I haven't been as pleased for ages as far as my arranger rig is concerned.....
the PA50sd is sitting on top of the Ketron SD7 and I play both arrangers by using the lower half of only the Ketron. Whereas the Ketron is a bit weak in e.g. string pads or certain arpeggios I can even add some of the Korg to the Ketron accompaniment section by syncing the clocks... A bit of a job but if you do not gig like me it is not really an issue.
So there it is after so many keyboards (also ketrons and yammies) I now have found peace and creativity with an old Korg and a MOTL (?) model by Ketron.... ( would love to have the SD60 though....)

regards,
John

As to my guitar efforts, here is a link to an album that I recorded at home with the sole use of my guitar about a year ago. They are all John Denver songs in a personal arrangment...
https://app.box.com/s/hcha7lbpik4sqyr0hvthoetwexljst1c

And as to my discovery in trying to play a piano her is a link to the album that I recorded at home with the sole use of the old Yamaha P80 stage piano, some ac. guitar and female vocal guests........
https://app.box.com/s/3bz8g6cjbifabv5u2q3l0goupodp5ng5

#486669 - 01/13/20 06:35 AM Re: Confession Time [Re: john smies]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
I really like the John Denver songs. Understated arrangements and your vocal style work nicely.

#486680 - 01/13/20 07:11 AM Re: Confession Time [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By john smies

For nigh on thirty years I have been playing arranger keyboards at home and as most of you will know many of those were Korg arrangers, after all there is no accounting for tastes.
Over the last few years my interest has waned considerably also due to my health and the fact that I discovered the joys of playing my acoustic guitar and learning how to play my (old yamaha stage) piano.....
Not wanting to stay behind I did purchase the Korg PA4X on its release but later on changed to the PA1000. I have had the PA1000 for nigh on two years and it has brought me little joy or creative incentive contrary to older boards that I owned , in particular the PA80 and later the PA800.
Last month I sold all of my arranger gear and purchased a secondhand Ketron SD7 and an old Korg PA50sd arranger...
And I must say I haven't been as pleased for ages as far as my arranger rig is concerned.....
the PA50sd is sitting on top of the Ketron SD7 and I play both arrangers by using the lower half of only the Ketron. Whereas the Ketron is a bit weak in e.g. string pads or certain arpeggios I can even add some of the Korg to the Ketron accompaniment section by syncing the clocks... A bit of a job but if you do not gig like me it is not really an issue.
So there it is after so many keyboards (also ketrons and yammies) I now have found peace and creativity with an old Korg and a MOTL (?) model by Ketron.... ( would love to have the SD60 though....)

regards,
John

As to my guitar efforts, here is a link to an album that I recorded at home with the sole use of my guitar about a year ago. They are all John Denver songs in a personal arrangment...
https://app.box.com/s/hcha7lbpik4sqyr0hvthoetwexljst1c

And as to my discovery in trying to play a piano her is a link to the album that I recorded at home with the sole use of the old Yamaha P80 stage piano, some ac. guitar and female vocal guests........
https://app.box.com/s/3bz8g6cjbifabv5u2q3l0goupodp5ng5

So John you don't sound entused..
what are you buying next to find your "happy place"
with a keyboard, etc,..Roland EA7, BK7m & Controller,
New Roland Fantom, ??

#486713 - 01/13/20 09:36 AM Re: Confession Time [Re: john smies]
john smies Offline

Hi Donny,

Not sure whether you had forgotten to put on your glasses while reading my story :), but in a nutshell: I am most content with my current arranger set up ( that's what is says !!) and all I need is a bit more time and health.....
In other words: I am out of the race !!!!!

smile smile smile

John

#486721 - 01/13/20 10:08 AM Re: Confession Time [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By john smies
Hi Donny,

Not sure whether you had forgotten to put on your glasses while reading my story :), but in a nutshell: I am most content with my current arranger set up ( that's what is says !!) and all I need is a bit more time and health.....
In other words: I am out of the race !!!!!

smile smile smile

John

John you forgot to write "FOR NOW"... wink
anyway keep making music in any way you can and enjoy!!

#486773 - 01/13/20 04:18 PM Re: Confession Time [Re: john smies]
jingleman Offline

Loc: The Villages, FL, USA
Congrats John! Hope your new combo gives you the pleasure you've been looking for.
Mitch

#486790 - 01/14/20 01:22 AM Re: Confession Time [Re: jingleman]
john smies Offline

thanks and thank you JWP for your comment on the guitar CD.
I am particularly proud of the rendition in my arrangement of Country Roads as it is so different from about 95% of the way it is played all over the globe...
Even more pleased with my ongoing,be it slow, progress on the piano. There is another thread here dealing with the issue. Virtually nothing beats playing the piano, not even Genos or whatever imho. Hope some of you will listen to my piano CD ( see link above) and comment.

regards
John

#486800 - 01/14/20 06:13 AM Re: Confession Time [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

John I am still waiting for your
"Strictly Pop Classic 60's" CD album.
For me that is where your strong suit lies...think about it.
It will be a big hit! cool2

#486864 - 01/15/20 05:44 AM Re: Confession Time [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
John I am still waiting for your
"Strictly Pop Classic 60's" CD album.
For me that is where your strong suit lies...think about it.
It will be a big hit! cool2

I believe that movie is called: "Waiting for Godot " rotfl

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online