#484753 - 12/21/19 07:00 AM SX900 "Baby Genos"
Dnj Offline

SX900 has landed!!......
unfortunately it will have to stay in the box
for a day or so with all the Holiday Party
& Dinner festivities to get ready for this evening
with all the neighbors.

Fingers crossed using the Genos Reg/Song setups in the Sx900
to save a bit of time,...I have approximately 5 banks already done from Genos...if not I'll start from scratch all over again..
I'd say I am in a different state of mind then my first
3hr Sx900 voyage. No more charting the unknown OS features after a month working with with Genos which is pretty much almost the same.
Also now I have a different studio setup using my Rokit Monitors on stands on each side that I setup with Genos and it makes all the difference sound wise for inspiration & creativity compared to using just the onboard speakers.
Anyway this will be an ongoing thread to be continued & shared
with all..... cool2

Edited by Dnj (12/23/19 07:04 AM)

#484760 - 12/21/19 08:22 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Awsome DNJ...Just to be on the safe side...Burn the Box!...Just kidding of course...Merry Christmas Harold/Sherry Surrena

Edited by Harold123 (12/21/19 12:59 PM)

#484761 - 12/21/19 08:32 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: Dnj]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Dumb question probably.

But did you keep the Genos? The SX as backup?

#484762 - 12/21/19 08:35 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: guitpic1]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Dumb question probably.

rotfl rotf2

good one.

#484765 - 12/21/19 08:39 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: guitpic1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By guitpic1
Dumb question probably.

If you have been following the Genos is long gone after a month .. wink

#484766 - 12/21/19 08:40 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: Harold123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Harold123
Awsome Gary...Just to be on the safe side...Burn the Box!...Just kidding of course...Merry Christmas Harold/Sherry Surrena

confused1

#484768 - 12/21/19 08:40 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

The Unboxing.... keys

Attachments
20191221_112538.jpg

#484773 - 12/21/19 08:50 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: Dnj]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
Atta boy Donny,just be happy with your new keyboard. Forget about the past. This is a brand new day, plus you are ahead of the game,experience wise.

#484784 - 12/21/19 11:49 AM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: Bernie9]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bernie9
Atta boy Donny,just be happy with your new keyboard. Forget about the past. This is a brand new day, plus you are ahead of the game,experience wise.

Thanx Bernie,.....I was able to open the box and set it up on the kb stand before the party goers all get here for xmas neighbors dinner.
I am glad to say I loaded my usb genos song reg & styles and all was fine ......only thing that must be done is some volume adjustments and with the replacement of non existing sounds that are on the genos those slots have to be replaced with the existing SX900 sounds best you can....just takes a bit of time.
It was a bit awkward to get used to the small size display,
no sliders, and keyfeel, and overall different deck layout once again kinda miss that frown ..but onward we go.
and 61 keys again when I first sat down compared to genos,
It was easy to get thru the OS which by the way was shipped with the latest version so no need to update this time.
The one thing I have to stress to new users is take your time use your ears and initially setup the EQ & Compression settings to get the right sound you enjoy....this alone took me over 30 minutes setting up TWO different EQ & Comp setups, 1 for the onboard speakers ON alone and 1 for my powered Monitors with onboard speakers OFF,...and I will have to also when I get time hook it up to my two big RCF Jmix8 PA sound system and create
a 3rd EQ/comp setup also,....let me tell you out of the box ain't gonna cut it for the sound I need, but after a while I got it to a presentable configuration that sounds so much better then factory wink ..another annoying thing is that the transpose/tempo buttons are
"behind the Live Knobs" which makes it a bit difficult to reach up while playing live. Lyrics text is a bit small even at the largest setting vs Genos but no big deal when needed I use a laptop or tablet for that with the great scrolling "Lyric Pad" android app..
a nice thing on Sx900 is that on both sides there is a ridge unlike the S970 that you can easily grab with your fingers to move the keyboard around which is very helpful a good improvement design.
When I get time I will attempt to put ALL my songs from the registrations into One PLAYLIST to scroll thru alphabetically which will make live play so much easier....
Has anyone did this yet? if so would like to hear about the process,...well that is it for now I
will continue the process in the coming days and report back...

keys

Edited by Dnj (12/21/19 11:52 AM)

#484789 - 12/21/19 01:15 PM Re: The Baby Genos Has Arrived.......... [Re: Dnj]
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hey Donny, This time, try to just accept it for what it is, and concentrate on playing...your favorite music. It is not a Genos so remember that.....Excatly what I will do when mine comes here on Monday......

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online