Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#475188 - 09/01/19 12:15 AM OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Enjoy

Bill

#475196 - 09/01/19 07:27 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Rick Beato gets on my nerves

#475208 - 09/01/19 10:31 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: Uncle Dave]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By Uncle Dave

What don't you like about him?

#475210 - 09/01/19 11:22 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
ekurburski Offline

Loc: Mountain Home, AR
Its obvious these guys never listen to anything other then modern pop.

#475212 - 09/01/19 11:28 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Good list, I would include Elton John’s Your Song and Billy Joel’s Just The Way You Are.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#475213 - 09/01/19 11:32 AM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: ekurburski]
montunoman Offline

[quote=ekurburski]Its obvious these guys never listen to anything other then modern pop. [/

For country I love what Floyd Cramer did on Crazy. Or how about Charlie Rich “ Behind Closed Doors”’?

#475217 - 09/01/19 12:25 PM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: W Tracy Parnell]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell

I gave him a few tries, but he plays like a robot. No soul. No feel. He had one hit record (that I know of, and it was awful), and now he's an authority on all thing music. His son has an amazing ear, and that's the only thing I like about his channel. Watching Dylan rattle off complex chord names, and pitches is pretty cool.
Dad ..... not so much. He's got a nice studio, I'll give him that, but he's just another dime a dozen internet "expert" who has found a captive audience.
I can't watch him, or piano-man Chuck - they just don't bring the goods. Thankfully, there's lots of options to watch. Check out Aimee Nolte Music - she's an excellent teacher, and has great subject material .... without all the bravado. Real world info, from someone actually IN the trenches.

#475226 - 09/01/19 01:37 PM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: Uncle Dave]
W Tracy Parnell Offline

Loc: NY
Originally Posted By W Tracy Parnell

I gave him a few tries, but he plays like a robot. No soul. No feel. He had one hit record (that I know of, and it was awful), and now he's an authority on all thing music. His son has an amazing ear, and that's the only thing I like about his channel. Watching Dylan rattle off complex chord names, and pitches is pretty cool.
Dad ..... not so much. He's got a nice studio, I'll give him that, but he's just another dime a dozen internet "expert" who has found a captive audience.
I can't watch him, or piano-man Chuck - they just don't bring the goods. Thankfully, there's lots of options to watch. Check out Aimee Nolte Music - she's an excellent teacher, and has great subject material .... without all the bravado. Real world info, from someone actually IN the trenches.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, his son is amazing-imagine having that ear (I have to imagine). I'll check out Nolte, thanks.

#475230 - 09/01/19 02:37 PM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Aimee is my girl clap

#475313 - 09/02/19 03:19 PM Re: OT: Top 20 Keyboard Intros of all Time [Re: abacus]
montunoman Offline

Interesting, I did not know Rick Beato had hit songs. But yes, I much prefer the content on Aimme N's channel. Rick seems more of a rock player, I'm more into jazz myself, so Aimee N's channel is more interesting to me.... Rick's kids do have amazing ears though. I wonder how they developed that?

Back to the topic, how many of those intro could you play if you had too? Me, not many, although most of them I'd consider pretty iconic rock/pop keyboard intros. But I haven't been in too many situation were I had to play that sort of stuff. But I'm starting thinking it would be cool thing to be able play a lot those iconic keyboard intros. It would be fun for demoing certain patches on new keyboards, and even doing " name that tune" with friends!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online