SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#470929 - 06/09/19 12:49 AM Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK

#470990 - 06/10/19 12:36 PM Re: Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5 [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus

Yep, might be V-arranger version for Wersi..
Or a blatant copy of it..

Problem with other brands styles, is that they require a sepperate soundset to play well..
Thats how V-arranger nowerdays handles it..
They have sepperate soundsets for Roland, Yamaha, Korg and Ketron styles..

Edited by Bachus (06/10/19 12:39 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#470994 - 06/10/19 12:55 PM Re: Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5 [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Wersi products are becoming just a controller KB for everyone else
instead of leading the way with original technology.

#471007 - 06/10/19 02:42 PM Re: Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5 [Re: Bachus]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
I forget the exact number but the update includes something like 1,100 new drum sounds. One would assume to handle the issue you mentioned.

#471010 - 06/10/19 04:10 PM Re: Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt
I forget the exact number but the update includes something like 1,100 new drum sounds. One would assume to handle the issue you mentioned.

I'm referring to the Styles from other companies..
Just how many drum sounds do you need? .

#471027 - 06/10/19 10:11 PM Re: Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5 [Re: IMMusic_Curt]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Wersi products are becoming just a controller KB for everyone else
instead of leading the way with original technology.

Not really, they are still using the most advanced (by far) sound engine of any arranger keyboard... And styles never have been of high interest to them anyway... Because of the organ nature of the instruments. Just name me one other instrument that can play styles from multiple other brands?

Originally Posted By IMMusic_Curt

Its not just drum sounds, but its all sounds of those keyboards that need to be covered including guitar mode from the Roland as well as Mega voices from the Yamaha's

http://keyszone.boards.net

#471029 - 06/11/19 04:05 AM Re: Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5 [Re: abacus]
IMMusic_Curt Offline

Loc: New Symrna Beach, Fl.
My earlier comment was regarding playing back a style from another company. The OAX 2.5 upgrade does include several new drum sounds so the percussion track of let's say a Genos style on OAX should sound the same. Now, recreating the same Acoustic Guitar, Slap Bass, etc. used in the accompaniment tracks may be a different story.

I own a Sonic OAX700 so looking forward to the update although I was not planning on purchasing the additional "packs" required to use Roland or Yamaha styles on OAX. Maybe I will to learn more about how well those styles work although I don't have a Tyros or Genos laying around to compare to so about all I could say is yep, the style plays.

#471070 - 06/12/19 04:34 AM Re: Interesting post about Wersi in the USA + OAX V2.5 [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Style convertor prices (Including 19% VAT) are on the Music Store Website at €99 for the Roland G70 and €149 for Yamaha styles up to Genos level. (Note: will not be available to purchase until the V2.5 Update is released)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online