Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#465588 - 02/02/19 06:11 AM Pa4x vs Genos
Dnj Offline

headphone

#465593 - 02/02/19 07:04 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
Again only previously owning the 4X and Not The Genos My answer would not be fair...I would Love to try the Genos when My budget would allow...There is People who own Both here on the forum...Also shared what their preference is for Them...Harold

#465597 - 02/02/19 07:28 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Personal favor

genos

Why?
I prefer the sound
I prefer the interface, with things easy assignable, the screen makes a difference
I love the availability of high quallity user created conten being freely shared
There is a user style available for almost every song..

Korg still has no answer for sa2 sounds, ensemble sounds, organworld.. i.e. Exactly those sounds mostly important for arranger players....

Where korg shines is the soundcreation department, the piano’s and espescially the synths.. but i guess i am the only one here that deems those sounds important...

For sit and play, definately Genos.
Offcourse i am biassed..
But then offcourse thats the reason i switched from Pa4x to Genos..

In the end however you cant go wrong with any of these 2
Also none of them are perfect... all are great

http://keyszone.boards.net

#465598 - 02/02/19 07:47 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Nice assessment bachus......I still don't know why since inception I didn't buy a genos?....it's odd as I have owned pretty much all else out there but something told me too just sit back & wait. I am glad your still in honeymoon phase...enjoy. For me I am happy playing the BK9 as a backing source for my singing for now. I'll bet your wondering then why are you selling it?....as always everything I have is for sale and I am still pondering different setups from time to time.
Who's know maybe I will even buy a used genos in a few years also? But for my needs at this time it just doesn't have what it takes to excite me and make me believe it's NOT a glorified Tyros with a compressed CD sound & NO Tilt up display & improved VH features on par with TC Helicon as I had on my Two Pa4x units,Pa3x, Pa900, Pa1000 etc,.I know NEW things will appear eventually and I am in no hurry to jump.

Good Luck

#465600 - 02/02/19 07:54 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes, peoples needs and desires do vary. I couldn't care less about organ world, ensemble sounds or even SA sounds. In my opinion they do too much for you. I prefer to have more control over the sounds. Not saying they don't sound great, because they do, but properly played, Korg sounds are excellent across the board.
I want my arranger to sound like a small combo most of the time and I seldom do any big band or fully orchestrated songs. Not that I can't; I just don't prefer to play that way.
It's wonderful that we have so many great choices!

#465601 - 02/02/19 07:57 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By DonM
Yes, peoples needs and desires do vary. I couldn't care less about organ world, ensemble sounds or even SA sounds. In my opinion they do too much for you. I prefer to have more control over the sounds. Not saying they don't sound great, because they do, but properly played, Korg sounds are excellent across the board.
I want my arranger to sound like a small combo most of the time and I seldom do any big band or fully orchestrated songs. Not that I can't; I just don't prefer to play that way.

Amen to that Don
I always think like a 5-6 pc combo too
+1

Edited by Dnj (02/02/19 11:20 AM)

#465609 - 02/02/19 11:10 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: DonM]
Crossover Offline

In a live situation, this „small combo“ approach surely has its pros. The problem about using orchestral strings and brass sections live is always that, even if the samples are excellent, they still don‘t sound like the real thing due to the PA bottleneck. With a small combo, you have better chances to really create the impression that several musicians are in the room.

#465612 - 02/02/19 11:29 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Crossover]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Crossover

In a live situation, this „small combo“ approach surely has its pros. The problem about using orchestral strings and brass sections live is always that, even if the samples are excellent, they still don‘t sound like the real thing due to the PA bottleneck. With a small combo, you have better chances to really create the impression that several musicians are in the room.

But then the idea of a small combo can just as easilly be archieved with a Genos, its just a matter of setting things up..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#465613 - 02/02/19 11:32 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Bachus]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Crossover

But then the idea of a small combo can just as easilly be archieved with a Genos, its just a matter of setting things up..

Bear in mind, you can easily buy TWO PA4Xs for the price of a Genos. I only played a Genos for one day, but left thinking I much preferred the Korg. Different strokes. smile

#465614 - 02/02/19 11:40 AM Re: Pa4x vs Genos [Re: Dnj]
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Great point, Don:

Too bad I'm not ambidextrous! It really does boil down to need versus cost, doesn't it? Since I seldom use my right hand for playing, I could cut the 970 in half and have more space for recording gear and other stuff... but I doubt Yamaha would have much of a market for such a thing. They could call it the Klutz-board. LOL!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online