Topic Options
#463175 - 12/15/18 11:15 PM V-console for Genos
Bachus Offline

Found this video, showing of the V-console for Genos

http://keyszone.boards.net

#463176 - 12/16/18 01:55 AM Re: V-console for Genos [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
That’s going back a few century’s, (Well, September anyway) as he did a similar demo on the T5 when he first bought the software out a number of years ago.
One thing to remember is that if you start using a lot of voices at the same time, notes will start dropping out as you reach the instruments polyphony limits. (This is not a fault of the software as it applies to many hardware instruments out there)

Bill

#463207 - 12/16/18 10:03 AM Re: V-console for Genos [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
That’s going back a few century’s, (Well, September anyway) as he did a similar demo on the T5 when he first bought the software out a number of years ago.
One thing to remember is that if you start using a lot of voices at the same time, notes will start dropping out as you reach the instruments polyphony limits. (This is not a fault of the software as it applies to many hardware instruments out there)

Bill

Centuries?

So i should no longer post video’s that are 2 months old?

The Genos has 256 note stereo polyphony, and yamaha has allways been good at hiding dropped notes... for example my korg pa4x has only 128 voice mono polyphony..

Anyway, if there are sounding 256 stereo notes(which is 512 sounds) at the same time, many will sound so soft that noboddy will even hear when a few drop... even worse when 512 sound elements are heared on the same moment chances are great that it will sound like chaotic cacaphony...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#463229 - 12/16/18 11:19 AM Re: V-console for Genos [Re: Bachus]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
We have been part of Europe for over 40 years, so I thought you would have got used to English humour by now.

Don’t forget that the styles (So beloved of arranger players) and Midi files also use up polyphony, not forgetting sustained instruments (Which will hold the note until the release is complete) and the notes required by the second dumb manual and pedalboard, you will find that the polyphony requirements soon adds up.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online