SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#462288 - 11/27/18 02:07 PM Recorded a couple new songs
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
After visiting the pulmonary doctor last week, I was informed that I now have just 27 percent of my lung capacity remaining, a drop of 3 percent over the past year. Consequently, I have lost much of my physical abilities, and to make things a bit worse, the herniated disk in my neck has caused three fingers on my right hand to go numb, thereby making it very difficult to play.

Being a rock headed SOB, I sat down at my trusty S-950, cranked up my supplemental O2 to 3 liters a minute, took a whiff of broncho-dialator and did my best.

The first recording was On Broadway which went fairly well, didn't have to struggle too much with the vocals.

Next, I decided to tackle Memory which was a real challenge. The vocal range on this song is challenging for someone with good lungs. For me, it took six tries to do this, but I managed to get something I thought was acceptable before the medications wore off. Sorry I didn't do any instrumental interludes, but maybe after some physical therapy, I'll get the use of my right hand back.

Hope you enjoy listening to them as much as I enjoyed recording these songs.

All the best,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (11/27/18 04:11 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#462293 - 11/27/18 03:06 PM Re: Recorded a couple new songs [Re: travlin'easy]
montunoman Online   content

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Nice rendition of On Broadway, I liked the scat that you threw at the end. I couldn’t open “ Memories” though. Thanks for sharing Gary.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#462295 - 11/27/18 03:35 PM Re: Recorded a couple new songs [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Gary, Thanks for posting I liked the style ON Broadway I couldn’t open Memory either it kept pointing to On Broadway.

#462297 - 11/27/18 04:00 PM Re: Recorded a couple new songs [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

clap

#462299 - 11/27/18 04:12 PM Re: Recorded a couple new songs [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Sorry about the bad link, guys. I corrected it on the original post, so it now works properly.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#462301 - 11/27/18 04:30 PM Re: Recorded a couple new songs [Re: travlin'easy]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I thoroughly enjoyed both selections. Memories was very touching and beautifully performed.

Thank you for all the things you do.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online