SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#456749 - 08/24/18 06:37 AM One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp..
Dnj Offline

One FINGER, Fingered, multi finger mode, full keyboard, etc,
Or More left Hand Accmp..? what do you use?...and WHY?

#456751 - 08/24/18 06:46 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Personally I use multi fingered split mode I don't want to miss out on all the kool chords in a song buy using one finger etc,
....but that's me cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/24/18 06:46 AM)

#456754 - 08/24/18 07:07 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
ALWAYS multi-fingered ...

#456755 - 08/24/18 07:14 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Multi-fingered (playing regular chords)
Jim

#456756 - 08/24/18 07:20 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I don't use any one finger, or short cut methods like Yamaha and Korg offer, or even intelligent chord like Roland uses.. smile

Mostly I play piano mode where Roland needs to use 3 or more notes to read chords .. and on the BK9, with hold pedal needs 5 or more notes to change chord recognition..

I always use bass inversion too..

This method always insures me that I will get the intended chord... I have no problem playing full chords with either hand or both hands.. This is the most natural way as a player..

If I am going to use another sound besides Piano and EP or guitar, I will split the keyboard and play actual chords with my left hand... right hand will be sax or any other mono instrument .

#456757 - 08/24/18 07:28 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Multi-finger.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#456758 - 08/24/18 07:40 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Left hand multifinger full chords, but trying to act like a pianist and left hand bass once in a while, sadly without any big success. rolleyes

keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#456760 - 08/24/18 08:04 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Multi-finger chords.
Donny this is one of your better posts.
If you study what an organ player is doing with his left hand you will understand why multi-chord finger is the best. In short, there is something happening besides your left hand and the style.

Why?
1-I can add all the extensions of the chord I am playing. Ex. G7-9#5
2-My left hand can feed my right, or my vocal. String section – Brass—or piano. I hate strings in a style – it keeps on moaning and moaning. With my left hand I can control what I need taking the boredom out of the style ---- and it is supporting the solo or vocal.
3-Did you ever want a guitar strumming – well that is my left hand.
4-With my left-hand set to a lower piano sound with after touch – and my right hand is set to piano with or without Ensemble/Chord Harmony I’m a piano player.
5-When a minor chord has its root moving down in half-tones – Am to D7/D9th it is my left hand that covers the change leaving my fight hand free to add what is happening.

Having studied guitar and taught taught guiitar and played guitar since my twenties I was able to transfer what I leaned to the keyboard. If there is any interest I’m up to sharing.

My opinion: One of the best features on a keyboard is the switch that cuts everything but the drums and bass from a style. I get to add the pads I created and my right and LEFT HAND. Good bye boredom!

John C.

#456770 - 08/24/18 09:23 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: Dnj]
Sapphire Offline

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Multi finger but only three at a time.

#456773 - 08/24/18 09:46 AM Re: One FINGER, Or More left Hand Accmp.. [Re: bruno123]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By bruno123
Multi-finger chords.
Donny this is one of your better posts.
If you study what an organ player is doing with his left hand you will understand why multi-chord finger is the best. In short, there is something happening besides your left hand and the style.

Why?
1-I can add all the extensions of the chord I am playing. Ex. G7-9#5
2-My left hand can feed my right, or my vocal. String section – Brass—or piano. I hate strings in a style – it keeps on moaning and moaning. With my left hand I can control what I need taking the boredom out of the style ---- and it is supporting the solo or vocal.
3-Did you ever want a guitar strumming – well that is my left hand.
4-With my left-hand set to a lower piano sound with after touch – and my right hand is set to piano with or without Ensemble/Chord Harmony I’m a piano player.
5-When a minor chord has its root moving down in half-tones – Am to D7/D9th it is my left hand that covers the change leaving my fight hand free to add what is happening.

Having studied guitar and taught taught guiitar and played guitar since my twenties I was able to transfer what I leaned to the keyboard. If there is any interest I’m up to sharing.

My opinion: One of the best features on a keyboard is the switch that cuts everything but the drums and bass from a style. I get to add the pads I created and my right and LEFT HAND. Good bye boredom!

John C.

Your very welcome John,...it's a serious topic that we all are familiar with and is well deserved to be discussed as everyone does it differently with fingering and chords which can easily be heard when playing...no way around that.
Timing & the right chords are pet peeves of mine.
Take care

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online