SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#455621 - 08/03/18 06:12 AM Even the Beach Boys use an Accordion..@ 1:23 1:46
Dnj Offline

cool2

Edited by Dnj (08/03/18 06:13 AM)

#455634 - 08/03/18 11:20 AM Re: Even the Beach Boys use an Accordion..@ 1:23 1:46 [Re: Dnj]
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
two Accordionist who I got the pleasure of becoming friends with on my many trips to Vegas to attend the Las Vegas Accordion Convention …..Top session and film recording accordionist Carl Fortuna (originally from San Fransisco )and the accordion Legend Frank Morroco …..Carl had played on approx. 1000 film /music recording …...Carl told the Convention attendee's his life story and on one of the beach boys recordings brian thought it could do with another accordion so that's how Frank got the session cause Carl was asked to recommend a good accordionist …….both Frank and Carl laughed about it many times and teased one another …...I'm proud to have known them and to have been on first name terms with them both …..perfect gentleman no ego trips / big headed attitude I sat with them for lunch and dinner many times and they always made me most welcome ….and they were fun and humble and yet had enormous musical talent ……...I consider myself very fortunate and honoured to have known them .
Sadly Frank passed away a few years after a hip operation that developed terrible complications …….Both great Guys never to be forgotten ……………...Giovanni

#455656 - 08/04/18 06:16 AM Re: Even the Beach Boys use an Accordion..@ 1:23 1:46 [Re: Giovanni]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Giovanni
two Accordionist who I got the pleasure of becoming friends with on my many trips to Vegas to attend the Las Vegas Accordion Convention …..Top session and film recording accordionist Carl Fortuna (originally from San Fransisco )and the accordion Legend Frank Morroco …..Carl had played on approx. 1000 film /music recording …...Carl told the Convention attendee's his life story and on one of the beach boys recordings brian thought it could do with another accordion so that's how Frank got the session cause Carl was asked to recommend a good accordionist …….both Frank and Carl laughed about it many times and teased one another …...I'm proud to have known them and to have been on first name terms with them both …..perfect gentleman no ego trips / big headed attitude I sat with them for lunch and dinner many times and they always made me most welcome ….and they were fun and humble and yet had enormous musical talent ……...I consider myself very fortunate and honoured to have known them .
Sadly Frank passed away a few years after a hip operation that developed terrible complications …….Both great Guys never to be forgotten ……………...Giovanni

Giovanni that certainly must have been a thrill glad you were able to experience it.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online