SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#455422 - 07/30/18 04:51 AM Not Many ARRANGER kbs used on NH jobs?..
Dnj Offline

[video:youtube]https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=nursing+home+keyboard+player+entertainer[/video]

I was noticing looking at many of these You Tube videos of how many entertainers are NOT using an arranger kb worldwide? Or Lugging in too much gear, etc,..Just doing their thing in So Many Other Ways making people happy & that's what it's all about...Hmmmmmmmm?

Thoughts

Edited by Dnj (07/31/18 03:43 PM)

#455423 - 07/30/18 05:20 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Dnj]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Seems like they've figured out how NOT to spend 4 or 5K every year or two on new equipment, especially since the NH residents couldn't care less. Just MY thoughts. Yours may vary.

chas

#455424 - 07/30/18 05:45 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
The audiences do NOT care how you entertain them, or what you use. It's a simple matter of heart and humility, combined with music and interaction that sells these shows. The tools are interchangeable.

#455425 - 07/30/18 05:48 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Dnj]
Jerryghr Offline

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I could only bear to watch a couple.

You get what you pay for!!

Regards,

Jerryghr

#455427 - 07/30/18 05:52 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Jerryghr]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Jerryghr
I could only bear to watch a couple.

You get what you pay for!!
Regards,
Jerryghr

Jerry that's the point...they are all getting paid to entertain
..and it seems they enjoy it. Sometimes we as musicians are too hard & critical of ourselves....most want to be IN & OUT carrying as least as possible to get it done..

Edited by Dnj (07/30/18 05:57 AM)

#455428 - 07/30/18 05:52 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
The audiences do NOT care how you entertain them, or what you use. It's a simple matter of heart and humility, combined with music and interaction that sells these shows. The tools are interchangeable.

ditto

#455432 - 07/30/18 06:35 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Not many Arranger used anywhere. Seems Kareoke is the way to go. As said the audience doesn't care.

Did see my dream job last night. Went to dinner at the Pink House in Savannah and had a drink in the downstairs bar beforehand. BabyGrand sitting in the corner with a mic. Music 7 nights a week with the fabulous David Duckworth on weekends and the bartender said the during the week players are just as good. We were with friends so had to leave before the music started but will go back.
Goes along with Donnys post about a good pianist doing those variations.

#455433 - 07/30/18 06:55 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Bill Lewis]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Bill Lewis
Not many Arranger used anywhere. Seems Kareoke is the way to go. As said the audience doesn't care.

Did see my dream job last night. Went to dinner at the Pink House in Savannah and had a drink in the downstairs bar beforehand. BabyGrand sitting in the corner with a mic. Music 7 nights a week with the fabulous David Duckworth on weekends and the bartender said the during the week players are just as good. We were with friends so had to leave before the music started but will go back.
Goes along with Donnys post about a good pianist doing those variations.

Things are changing out there Bill big time in the live entertainment field,....& let's clarify a pro singer singing to backing tracks either custom created & arranged is much different then armature drunken commercial KARAOKE singers using a display with running words, etc,..that said a great piano player with a killer voice or singer will ALWAYS be a Classic Act to enjoy.

keys

just sayin' cool2

#455434 - 07/30/18 07:11 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I guess things are a bit different here. 80 percent of the NH entertainers here are playing arranger keyboards, about 18 percent play guitars and sing and 2 percent play an accordion and sing. Don't know of a single KJ or DJ doing the senior circuit in the Baltimore metro area, but there may be a few I don't know of.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#455437 - 07/30/18 07:23 AM Re: Not many arranger kbs used in Nh jobs?.. [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By travlin'easy
I guess things are a bit different here. 80 percent of the NH entertainers here are playing arranger keyboards, about 18 percent play guitars and sing and 2 percent play an accordion and sing. Don't know of a single KJ or DJ doing the senior circuit in the Baltimore metro area, but there may be a few I don't know of.

Gary cool

Gary one city is a mere spec on the planet versus whats going on world wide as shown in all these videos regarding NH entertainment.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online