SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#449701 - 04/01/18 12:06 PM Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando!
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Happy Easter! It’s been a while since I posted but I have been lurking and learning as always from the wealth of talent and knowledge that defines the SynthZone. Thanks to all for your continued involvement with this forum!

Here is a recording I did this morning of the wonderful song “Vivo Sonando”. It’s a great bossa tune not heard as often as the standards. I play it at every gig on my sax so I decided to work it up on my S970. Hope you like the sound of “Living the Dream” (rough translation) on my wonderful Yamaha S970.

Randy Sherwood - Vivo Sonando - S970 on SoundCloud

PS – “Living a Dream” is an appropriate song for yours truly -- I just survived open heart surgery (triple bypass!)… Though I wish it was, this is NOT an April Fool’s joke… My surgery was 8 Feb so it’s been nearly 8 weeks now…sternum is about back to normal. Needless to say, it came as a major shock and I am just soooo glad it’s over. It was all due to my own initiative that I went “investigating” a little jaw pain…. One thing led to another and there I went into the operating room! I have not played my sax since then and will wait another month or so before I get back to it…cancelled several gigs and turned down several weddings in May… hoping to get back to my restaurant gigs in late May. So I have spent some wonderful time with the arranger and have enjoyed every minute! Best wishes to you all for a great Easter and beyond!

Edited by saxxman (04/01/18 02:57 PM)

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#449708 - 04/01/18 01:44 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: saxxman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I couldn't get the song to pull up.
I can sympathize with your recovery from open heart surgery. I recovered quite quickly from mine was playing golf within a few weeks. There have been problems since then, but not related to that surgery!
Wishing you a speedy and complete recovery!

#449710 - 04/01/18 01:52 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: DonM]
saxxman Offline

Hey Don - Yes, it was a shock and I am glad it is behind me.

Try this link out:

Randy Sherwood - Vivo Sonando - PSR S970

Best wishes for continued recovery on your end Don!

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#449711 - 04/01/18 02:16 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: saxxman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That sounds fantastic! Would you share what e.q. settings you are using? My 970 doesn't sound that good. smile

#449714 - 04/01/18 03:20 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: saxxman]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By saxxman
Hey Don - Yes, it was a shock and I am glad it is behind me.

Try this link out:

Randy Sherwood - Vivo Sonando - PSR S970

Best wishes for continued recovery on your end Don!

Randy, Excellent sounding, very nice work. I love the Latin tunes and styles, you got the s970 sounding great.

We’ve communicated off line and glad to see your recovery coming along very well. We just never know when our health will change. What came as a shock to me is I know you’ve been very disciplined with diet and
Excercise the last few years, you’re one of the last guys I figured would have issues with the heart. Anyway glad to hear the positive news.

Edited by Stephenm52 (04/01/18 03:26 PM)

#449716 - 04/01/18 04:58 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: Stephenm52]
Dnj Offline

clap clap

Randy as usual a super job, really enjoyed listening while I sipped a Jack Daniels Honey on the Rocks w/Lime.
No need for a genos there, your sounding wonderful due to your talents, appreciate you sharing your work.

Take Care

Edited by Dnj (04/01/18 05:35 PM)

#449717 - 04/01/18 05:30 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: saxxman]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Good stuff. Doesn't sound like an Arranger playing and that's the mark of a pro player.
Sorry about your medical issues but go slow and you'll be back gigging soon.

#449719 - 04/01/18 06:28 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: saxxman]
The Saint Offline

Loc: Sydney Australia
Now that really was nice music.
Well done clap

Ray dance

#449720 - 04/01/18 07:13 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: saxxman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Randy, old friend, I am so glad you dodged the big bullet. And, that PSR-970 sounds fantastic. Excellent performance and superb playing.

All the best,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#449723 - 04/01/18 08:01 PM Re: Happy Easter & "Living the Dream" - Vivo Sonando! [Re: travlin'easy]
saxxman Offline

Thank you all so very much for the kind words and for listening to my recording. Since I have not been working at my day job since my "ordeal" in the ICU, I have had some much enjoyed time to play the S970 and am working on building up my registrations...and Vivo Sonando went in there today. I do have to say I love the S970 the more I play it. Hoping to have more time to break out the PA4X again soon too.

DonM... Regarding the EQ - Before I posted it, I exported the audio from the S970 to Mixcraft Pro Studio and did some minor tweaking to bring the treble up a little. So here is a link to the track copied directly as recorded from the S970:

Randy Sherwood - Vivo Sonando - As Recorded on S970

To my ears aside from the volume being lower on the as recorded track, the as recorded track seems to sound nice as well, but I do think the Mixcraft changes helped....

Again, thanks to all for listening and your words of encouragement. So glad to be "back in that (SZ!) number"!

Happy Easter all!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online