SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#449640 - 03/31/18 10:54 AM Genos v Tyros
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
Now I know I am probably going to get hammered for this but I want to know what all the fuss is about the Genos. I have listened to lots of demo's of the Genos and to be honest I don't think it's a great deal better than the Tyros 5 which I own.

I have a T5 and a Ketron SD7 and using the styles and voices on the T5 in conjunction with the voices on the SD7 (which in my opinion) are more realistic than the SA2 voices on the T5 which can give some really strange sounds, although that maybe the way I play or at least hit the keys.

Is it just because it is a new keyboard and will the same thing be happening in a year or two's time about the Genos 2. Like I said, I'm sure all the Genos buyers will give me a hammering but maybe they should stop and think.

The bottom line is, is it that much better than it's predecessor and for me that is a definite NO!.

smile smile smile

Alan

#449648 - 03/31/18 11:17 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Sapphire
Now I know I am probably going to get hammered for this but I want to know what all the fuss is about the Genos. I have listened to lots of demo's of the Genos and to be honest I don't think it's a great deal better than the Tyros 5 which I own.

I have a T5 and a Ketron SD7 and using the styles and voices on the T5 in conjunction with the voices on the SD7 (which in my opinion) are more realistic than the SA2 voices on the T5 which can give some really strange sounds, although that maybe the way I play or at least hit the keys.

Is it just because it is a new keyboard and will the same thing be happening in a year or two's time about the Genos 2. Like I said, I'm sure all the Genos buyers will give me a hammering but maybe they should stop and think.

The bottom line is, is it that much better than it's predecessor and for me that is a definite NO!.

smile smile smile

Alan

DITTO, DITTO, and DITTO !!
Great post your not alone in your thinking..

#449649 - 03/31/18 11:31 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
shueymusic Offline

Loc: Lebanon, PA
I would be of the same opinion as you if I owned a T5. I had a T2 I was using with my Motif 6. When the T3 came out, I didn’t jump because the difference wasn’t that great to make the jump. Instead, I sold the T2 for $2000 and invested into the Motif ES7. I still have the ES 14 years later.

I have been through a musical journey with keyboards... 32 years worth. Why do people switch between manufacturers? For me it is sounds and functions. A Genos from my Motif should get me the next level of sounds... especially the Revo drums!

In the end... be creative, make music, and enjoy yourself!!
Yamaha Genos - RCF M20x - RCF HD10A (Stereo) - Jupiter Pocket Trumpet - Sennheiser e935 - Neumann KMS-104 plus-N

#449650 - 03/31/18 11:41 AM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
Sapphire Online   content

Loc: Benfleet, Essex. UK
I have to say Jonathan that previous to the T5 I owned a T3 and I was really sorry to have made the change. The sounds on the T3 were so much more mellow than the T5.
Going forward isn't always the best route.

Alan

#449651 - 03/31/18 12:06 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Alan, my suggestion for you is not to buy a Genos....especially if you’re happy with what you have.

I had a Tyros 4...great keyboard. Would I go back to Tyros now after owning Genos? Not a chance.

#449654 - 03/31/18 12:58 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: guitpic1]
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Originally Posted By guitpic1
Alan, my suggestion for you is not to buy a Genos....especially if you’re happy with what you have.

I had a Tyros 4...great keyboard. Would I go back to Tyros now after owning Genos? Not a chance.

+1
keys
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#449656 - 03/31/18 01:13 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
Dnj Offline

All I always hear is what the Keyboard can do for you, how great this is and that is,...bla bla bla ....
now the big question and the most important of all what have you done as a player to make the way
you sound playing it better not on what you have now but in general that could be done on ANY arranger old or new? its all about playing technic & talent!!too many keep buying the latest & greatest thinking it will but, their playing never changes....
sorry for the honest truth,...just my thoughts,...I am glad I'm cured.

Edited by Dnj (03/31/18 01:15 PM)

#449657 - 03/31/18 01:35 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Dnj]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Originally Posted By Dnj
All I always hear is what the Keyboard can do for you, how great this is and that is,...bla bla bla ....
now the big question and the most important of all what have you done as a player to make the way
you sound playing it better not on what you have now but in general that could be done on ANY arranger old or new? its all about playing technic & talent!!too many keep buying the latest & greatest thinking it will but, their playing never changes....
sorry for the honest truth,...just my thoughts,...I am glad I'm cured.

Even though it is true for me ...
Who cares?
What works for you does not work for others.
We all have different needs and wants.
Why always rattle the cage if people are happy?????
Let them be happy with their purchase and level of playing.
If someone buys a sports car, that doesn't mean they have to go to the race track and compete in racing ...
People buy keyboards for different reasons.
I think we should respect that.
Eric

#449658 - 03/31/18 01:38 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Sapphire]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
+++100000

chas

#449659 - 03/31/18 02:20 PM Re: Genos v Tyros [Re: Eric, B]
Jaruga71 Offline

Loc: Atlanta USA
Originally Posted By Eric, B

Even though it is true for me ...
Who cares?
What works for you does not work for others.
We all have different needs and wants.
Why always rattle the cage if people are happy?????
Let them be happy with their purchase and level of playing.
If someone buys a sports car, that doesn't mean they have to go to the race track and compete in racing ...
People buy keyboards for different reasons.
I think we should respect that.
Eric

Amen !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online