SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#449357 - 03/25/18 10:23 PM about Jesus Molina
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
I was watching this video because this man is just plain interesting. I'm really impressed with Jesus Molina as a terrifically talented pianist, and also as a dedicated Christian who gives thanks to the one who gave him the music ability.

I'm wondering, in the city of Synthzone, how many of you out there are Christians who play Christian music. I am myself, but I don't play Christian music. But......it's tempting....it seems to be a very fertile field right now. It's come a long way since the days of Ma and Pa Kettle.

Please note: this is not a religious posting. It's an "inquiring minds want to know" posting.

#449367 - 03/26/18 03:05 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: Mark79100]
spalding1968 Offline

Loc: United Kingdom
I am a Christian and play gospel music in the main as well as pockets of jazz and funk .

#449379 - 03/26/18 06:36 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: Mark79100]
zuki Offline

I am also a Christian and proud to say. I was a church organist and pianist and also led a youth choir (kids were in it) a long time ago.

My Christian CDs move from house to house and I love to listen to the serenity of music some days.

I love Steve Camp the best, along with a host of other keyboard musicians.

And yes, I am so blessed and appreciative of the gifts I've been given. I know my current job, performing for residents, is a Godly thing and will do so until I cannot one day.

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#449380 - 03/26/18 06:48 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: Mark79100]
Dnj Offline

Not a church goer persay... But I do believe in God and power of prayer... I love to listen and watch Gospel music performed.

#449382 - 03/26/18 07:21 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: Mark79100]
Harold123 Offline

Loc: Harrisville Pa USA
I'm a Christian Believer Also...And proud to be an American. When I was 11 Years old, My Parents bought Me a New Accordion along with Lessons. It put music into my life that never leaves...I'll Never forget what they did for me. This was app 60 years ago with pay checks maybe $75.00 Per week...The Accordion was App $500.00! My Wife is a life time Piano player also starting at a very young age using Her talents for Ministry...At this time now I attend three Music Jams and Emcee A local Jam...The Music consist of Country,Bluegrass,Oldies,R&R,Jazz,and Gospel or whatever!...Plus Lots of Homemade Food and Deserts! It is so much Fun for everyone...I really Respect all the Talented People on this forum That take their Music to Nursing and Senior Homes...Music is so good for ones Heart and Soul...Thank You All!

#449386 - 03/26/18 07:37 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: Harold123]
zuki Offline

Originally Posted By Harold123
When I was 11 Years old, My Parents bought Me a New Accordion along with Lessons. It put music into my life that never leaves...I'll Never forget what they did for me.

Same story with me, substitute Farfisa smile 14 yrs old! My parents could not afford it, but Dad made sure I had something special in my lifetime!

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#449394 - 03/26/18 08:29 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: Mark79100]
organgrinder Offline

Loc: ft. lauderdale, florida
I was also inspired by accordian in the 1940,s. My parents got me lessons and after a while bought me an accordian a few years later a custom DALLAPE ACCORDIAN. flash forward to the late 1980's. I got a chance to work with my then idol Dick Contino and he was so impressed the asked me to be his musical conductor and organist. I switched to organ when accordians fell out of favor. That was back in the 50,s. I couldn't do it because I was moving to Florida the next day and had work all lined up, but it was really an honur to be asked.

MEL

#449395 - 03/26/18 08:33 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: Mark79100]
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
I'm an Atheist but love certain types of Gospel music. Some 'contemporary gospel' but mostly, what would be categorized as "Negro Spirituals" and performed by Gospel choirs in predominately Black churches and colleges. However, some very good music of this type can be found in both 'tent revivals' and mega-churches. Regarding the latter, I won't go into what I think about the motives are behind these billion dollar 'empires', only that they DO tend to produce some great music.

I tend to like the more soulful spirituals such as 'Motherless Child', Go Down Moses, Wade in the Water, Steal Away, etc. I'm acutely aware of the pain, hardship, and suffering from which these songs emerged, as they reflect the story of many of my ancestors. I like them for the same reasons that I like the blues, because they touch emotions in a very special way. I don't care who performs them as long as they are done with feeling and passion (The recent posting by Torch of Jason Crabb was excellent - that guy has some serious soul smile ).

So Mark, hope your 'inquiring mind' was able to glean something about MY perspective.

chas

#449405 - 03/26/18 10:11 AM Re: about Jesus Molina [Re: organgrinder]
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Originally Posted By organgrinder
I was also inspired by accordian in the 1940,s. My parents got me lessons and after a while bought me an accordian a few years later a custom DALLAPE ACCORDIAN. flash forward to the late 1980's. I got a chance to work with my then idol Dick Contino and he was so impressed the asked me to be his musical conductor and organist. I switched to organ when accordians fell out of favor. That was back in the 50,s. I couldn't do it because I was moving to Florida the next day and had work all lined up, but it was really an honur to be asked.

MEL

Wow!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online