SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#442861 - 12/20/17 05:30 AM To all you fence sitters...
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Pardon me if these videos have already been posted on this forum. To everyone interested in the Genos but perhaps you are sitting on the fence as to whether or not to get one. These three videos are probably the best examples of the true nature and quality of the Genos in my opinion. Peter Baartmans is also probably the best arranger player on the planet currently and he really does make the Genos shine in these three videos. The goal and most important feature of any keyboard is realism. In other words, how close in actual sound does the keyboard sound to the real thing. You can go down the line of sounds e.g. brass, woodwind, organ, guitar, strings, synth, piano, drum kits, etc. How do these categories stack up to the real deal i.e. a real piano, a real guitar, a real organ, real drum kits, real brass, etc.? I can think of no other keyboard currently on the market that excels in overall realism like the Genos does. The Pa4x comes close but I think the Genos even outshines that keyboard. Now surely there are other less expensive keyboards that also sound really good but if your main goal is authenticity i.e. realism then Genos really is the best choice in my humble opinion. I realize the biggest barrier to getting a Genos is the expensive price tag. If you're on a limited budget then there are other options that will work well and one of them is the s970. I guess my main point is, if you're still a fence sitter, then if these three videos can't convince you probably nothing will as to whether or not to get a Genos.

PS: I was really surprised how well the hammond B3 emulation sounded that Peter played in the first video. Everybody has to make up their own mind obviously. If you're on a tight budget please consider a less expensive option especially if you're married and have children. The Pa1000 is an excellent choice and so is the s970. The Pa4x is $1,500 cheaper than the Genos and it also sounds great. To each his own but if you want the best (my opinion of course) and money is no object, the Genos really is the obvious choice especially if you're a professional singer/songwriter. Now maybe winter NAMM will change things. Maybe Roland and/or Ketron have something up their sleeves. Korg will be showcasing the Pa1000 at winter NAMM and in the hands of a skilled demonstrator maybe that keyboard will be the next mid-range hot ticket item. Roland is overdue for something special in the way of a high-end arranger but we'll see. If nothing of significance materializes at winter NAMM then suffice it to say the Genos, the Pa4x, and the Ketron SD7/9 will continue to corner the market in the high-end arena needless to say. You already know where I stand. cool Please be advised the videos are in Dutch.

All the best,

Mike

Edited by keybplayer (12/20/17 05:40 AM)

#442863 - 12/20/17 06:15 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: keybplayer]
Dnj Offline

Great videos professionally produced...thanx for sharing.

#442865 - 12/20/17 06:36 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: keybplayer]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
Sounds amazing, and I agree Peter Baartman has to be one of the among the very best demonstrators out there.

BTW, could anyone tell the title of the jazz ballad that he plays around 10:30 ? It's stuck in my head now, I know I've heard it before and it will bug me if I don't find out the name of this tune!

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#442868 - 12/20/17 06:49 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: keybplayer]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
First video.... "The Nearness of you"

#442871 - 12/20/17 07:14 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: keybplayer]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

One of the things Genos excels in is the creation of the different "feel" of every style. If you play a country style, for example, the DSPs and instruments actually have a country feel to them. Same with the other styles. The Genos captures the essence of the different styles very well. Other manufacturers don't quite do this as well as Yamaha. The mood changes with every style. Listen to the videos above and you'll see.

#442872 - 12/20/17 07:19 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: Fran Carango]
montunoman Offline

Originally Posted By Fran Carango
First video.... "The Nearness of you"

Yes, of course! Thanks!

#442875 - 12/20/17 07:27 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: keybplayer]
montunoman Offline

I'm very impressed with the brush sounds in some of the styles.

#442876 - 12/20/17 07:28 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
I'm very impressed with the brush sounds in some of the styles.

Paul did you order a genos and sell both your keyboards yet?

#442877 - 12/20/17 07:46 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: keybplayer]
montunoman Offline

No, too much going on now.... I actually have four keyboards that I use now! I just added a Korg Havian 30 to my collection. I know it sounds crazy but I'm quite happy with what I have and it's all working very well for me.

#442878 - 12/20/17 08:01 AM Re: To all you fence sitters... [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By montunoman
No, too much going on now.... I actually have four keyboards that I use now! I just added a Korg Havian 30 to my collection. I know it sounds crazy but I'm quite happy with what I have and it's all working very well for me.

Yikes carrying 4 kbs now Paul?.......
ONE Genos could probably do it all for you?

Merry Christmas buddy & Happy New Year!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online