SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#441700 - 11/30/17 05:53 PM No wonder Bill loves his BK9's.....
Dnj Offline

#441703 - 11/30/17 06:08 PM Re: No wonder Bill loves his BK9's..... [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Very cool "live" demo. Love to be able to spend some time with an expert like that and learn more. As it is the BK9 covers all the bases for what I need but you can always learn more.
Recently been playing my bass pedals with it just for a mini B3 thrill. Also keep auditioning and editing some of the old styles from other models. I enjoy editing the drums and basses to give them an updated feel
Enjoy to new board, amazing what can be done.

#441730 - 12/01/17 07:27 AM Re: No wonder Bill loves his BK9's..... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Donny - There is no doubt that Roland has always had fantastic sounds, but going from a top of the line, industry leader (PA4x) to a 4 year old, intermediate model that even Fran (Roland FANatic) passed on ... I can't see you being happy with that. Now that you're retired, you'll need to find other ways to fill your time, so you won't go broke selling keyboards that don't keep your interest. You know I love ya like a brother, man ... but the smart money is on you bailing on this very quickly. Personally, I'm a little jealous. You have the opportunity to sit home, record, tweak, and arrange to your heart's delight, and when you get a gig (easy, now) you can play your "keyboard du jour" with the tracks that you've customized to your personal taste.
You don't have the pressure of the trenches anymore. Embrace it. Enjoy it. Find another hobby to fill some of the time you used to spend on the road from job to job. Buy Gary's boat ... then we can all have some fun with THAT for a while! LOL

Anyway ... this isn't a hate post, and I'm not slamming your new Roland affiliation. I'm just calling the kettle black ... or fickle ... or bored ... or ...
smile

#441738 - 12/01/17 08:39 AM Re: No wonder Bill loves his BK9's..... [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Uncle Dave
Buy Gary's boat ... then we can all have some fun with THAT for a while! LOL

Boats & me don't get along either does my stomach...

#441744 - 12/01/17 10:58 AM Re: No wonder Bill loves his BK9's..... [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
OK, then .... 30 more keyboards, it is.

#441746 - 12/01/17 11:50 AM Re: No wonder Bill loves his BK9's..... [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Donny, sailboats are a much different ride than a powerboat, much smoother, and even my daughter, who used to get seasick just looking at a boat, never gets queasy riding on my sailboat. Get your rotund butt down here next spring and take a ride with me on the yacht - you'll love it.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online