SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#440177 - 10/31/17 08:21 PM Close your eyes...
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Just found this Tyros 5 Demo from early last month. One of the most tasteful arranger demos I have come across in a long time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uztHoo2ANbE

Honestly after listening to all the Genos demos I am very impressed. It sounds amazing.. but still - the Tyros 5 wasn't that far off. If you close your eyes can you really hear a major difference between the Genos and the T5?

#440236 - 11/01/17 04:09 PM Re: Close your eyes... [Re: Nick G]
Eric, B Online   content

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Not on YouTube.
But maybe if you have them side by side. wink
Eric

#440276 - 11/02/17 11:55 AM Re: Close your eyes... [Re: Nick G]
Bernie9 Offline

Loc: Port Charlotte,FL,USA
They do say YouTube is terribly compressed. You may have a point Eric.

#440277 - 11/02/17 01:05 PM Re: Close your eyes... [Re: Nick G]
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
You tube is absolutely, terribly compressed. If they were to post those videos and movies full format, they would consume a horrendous amount of space. You tube, while more entertaining than TV lately, is not the place to compare audio and video quality. Of course, all things being relative, if two keyboards were side by side on you tube then I guess the comparison would be valid to some degree.

All the best,

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#440282 - 11/02/17 02:02 PM Re: Close your eyes... [Re: travlin'easy]
tyroschuck Offline

Loc: Downey, CA, US
I copied this from Frankie V's site describing his first impressions of Genos at a live demo.
Listening at the demo I was able to tell it was a definite step up from my Tyros 5. Also a comment was made, “ when you play a Tyros 5 next to the Genos, you will think your Tyros was broken”. They had also changed the whole DSP system to a much higher level, especially the reverb, which in the past was based off the Rev X, but as we know is getting up there in age. The new reverb is airy and compliments every sound. Never sounds too much, and sits in the mix, just right. The last upgrade was the Compressor, which I felt was very mediocre on the Tyros 5, but the Genos was very musical sounding, gave it a almost in your face feeling if wanted.
This from a man that sells many brands and has a reputation of integrity.

regards, chuck

#440286 - 11/02/17 02:19 PM Re: Close your eyes... [Re: Eric, B]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Eric, B
Not on YouTube.
But maybe if you have them side by side. wink
Eric

We did so,e side by side comparing tonight in a local music shop..

The sounds(even the orriginal sounds of the T5 that are in the Genos) seem to be more alive and have more pressence..

The styles in the Genos, also those comming from the T5, have a much better dynamic range, allowing you to hear the single instruments in a style much better.. its way less blurred ..

The new voices like the new solo piano’s really set the Genos another step forward..

To bad there was no pa4x to add to the comparisson.. but there was so ethingbthat made the Genos stand out

http://keyszone.boards.net

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online