SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#433138 - 06/19/17 02:31 PM MicroArranger Factory Reset Question
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
What essentially is reset to factory? I did a factory restore, and I made sure the three files needed (as shown in the user guide) were present on the SD card. Upon start up it initiated the OS load procedure, which I then executed. It seems to have loaded, but I noticed changes I made as temp test programs were still present in the user area. Is there some "write protect" feature on the MA?
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#433140 - 06/19/17 02:48 PM Re: MicroArranger Factory Reset Question [Re: squeak_D]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Squeak, I believe it only resets the operating system, and not the file storage area, which should be separate.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#433164 - 06/19/17 11:46 PM Re: MicroArranger Factory Reset Question [Re: squeak_D]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By squeak_D
What essentially is reset to factory? I did a factory restore, and I made sure the three files needed (as shown in the user guide) were present on the SD card. Upon start up it initiated the OS load procedure, which I then executed. It seems to have loaded, but I noticed changes I made as temp test programs were still present in the user area. Is there some "write protect" feature on the MA?

Just send me an email and I will send you the original factory set up.

regards,
John

pasounds@zeelandnet.nl

#433171 - 06/20/17 05:20 AM Re: MicroArranger Factory Reset Question [Re: john smies]
john smies Offline

Squeak my man, why didn't you tell me you purchased the KMA from Linda ??!!! smile
It just so happens that she contributed towards my Resources over a year ago so she will probably have included them as well.
Do give them a try they are generally better than the factory default presets, or so I would like to think smile

regards
John

#433172 - 06/20/17 06:04 AM Re: MicroArranger Factory Reset Question [Re: squeak_D]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Thanks John, I too was trying to figure out how to help. Never thought about sending the original setup files. I don't have my KMA anymore because the motherboard died and was really expensive to replace.

Deane

#433179 - 06/20/17 07:46 AM Re: MicroArranger Factory Reset Question [Re: john smies]
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Yeah.., I bought Linda's MA. This is probably the 4th keyboard I've bought from her too smile I do like the work you've done. I just needed to have the factory set for my own work. You did some very nice work John! Thanks for the help. I've got it all sorted out now.

Sqk
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#433183 - 06/20/17 08:40 AM Re: MicroArranger Factory Reset Question [Re: squeak_D]
john smies Offline

smile smile smile

regards,
John

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online