SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#432731 - 06/09/17 12:18 AM New virtual arranger (intented for live usage)
ranroby76 Offline

Hi folks,

I'm happy to announce our new development - a virtual arranger that intented especially for live usage and aims to give a full arranger experience.

It's actually an early alfa that uses virtual midi cables to play VSTI's that opened in a DAW and we consider to try the crowd - funding platform to take this project few steps a head and make it greater, much powerful and much easier to use on stage.

You are welcome to share opinions, suggestions, feedbacks or ask any suggestions\questions about future development piano

#432746 - 06/09/17 06:02 AM Re: New virtual arranger (intented for live usage) [Re: ranroby76]
Dnj Offline

how does tis compare to Varranger?

http://mitre.github.io/callisto/index.html

Edited by Dnj (06/09/17 06:04 AM)

#432775 - 06/09/17 09:55 PM Re: New virtual arranger (intented for live usage) [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj

They are actually quite different...

Varranger is meant to be stand alone and aims to play styles of all major parties..

Calisto is something you integrate with your DAW and use to create your own styles and performances... with only 6 style tracks it will at first not be compatible with other style brands not do i see an import function..

Calisto is something i would like to see in action with Reason 9.5... which due to its modularrity adds a whole pletora of options

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432779 - 06/10/17 01:45 AM Re: New virtual arranger (intented for live usage) [Re: Bachus]
ranroby76 Offline

Originally Posted By Bachus
Originally Posted By Dnj

Varranger is meant to be stand alone and aims to play styles of all major parties..

Calisto is something you integrate with your DAW and use to create your own styles and performances... with only 6 style tracks it will at first not be compatible with other style brands not do i see an import function..

Calisto is something i would like to see in action with Reason 9.5... which due to its modularrity adds a whole pletora of options

Bachus, you are absolutely right. But Callisto Is still alfa version and it's open for progress, and that's why we need the funding. The final results would be much greater then:

* 16 total variationS
* full VSTI\VST internal integration (like any DAW)
* full midi styles imoporting\exporting support
* Full DAWish piano roll feature
* Vocalist's built in channel that would be integrated with the total mix (with sidechaining)
* Full cross platform stand alone software
* Full recording abilities
* Time streching manipulations supoort
* Mixing and mastering abilities
* Dedicated midi keyboard support, since a real stage arranger must have it for best performance

We think that every listed feature is must have to compete against hardware arranger. What we need is the money to commit
the dead line and to hire another experts that would help to develop faster smile

Edited by ranroby76 (06/10/17 01:47 AM)

#432799 - 06/10/17 01:40 PM Re: New virtual arranger (intented for live usage) [Re: ranroby76]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By ranroby76
Originally Posted By Dnj

Bachus, you are absolutely right. But Callisto Is still alfa version and it's open for progress, and that's why we need the funding. The final results would be much greater then:

* 16 total variationS
* Vocalist's built in channel that would be integrated with the total mix (with sidechaining)
* Dedicated midi keyboard support, since a real stage arranger must have it for best performance

We think that every listed feature is must have to compete against hardware arranger. What we need is the money to commit
the dead line and to hire another experts that would help to develop faster smile

From your alpha version, i found that you only have 6 tracks... you should have atleast 8... preferably more...

Also missing are multpads... they have become quite important for todays arrangers..

Also have a look at the ensemble functions of korg arrangers...

There is enough room for growth, to keep you busy for half a decade...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#432838 - 06/11/17 06:57 AM Re: New virtual arranger (intented for live usage) [Re: Bachus]
ranroby76 Offline

Originally Posted By ranroby76
Originally Posted By Dnj

* 16 total variationS

From your alpha version, i found that you only have 6 tracks... you should have atleast 8... preferably more...

Also missing are multpads... they have become quite important for todays arrangers..

Also have a look at the ensemble functions of korg arrangers...

There is enough room for growth, to keep you busy for half a decade...

The alfa version is kinda proof of feasibility that demonstrate the concept. Once we dive into the developing process, we would ask the public to request features that would be added gradually. About 85% of the most popular features can be definetaly added durring the first year. And I think that's would be a nice achievement.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online