SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#431626 - 05/11/17 12:48 PM New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not?
Dnj Offline

Will the "so called" New Yamaha GENOS arranger be able "older styles" compatible or will Yamaha break the mold on style sharing and format a whole new format & way of playing styles proprietary only to Genos to isolate and block copyright infringement and or conversions use for other KB's to play? Or make it much easier to create your own Genos styles somehow within,,...Pros & Cons of both?.........

Thoughts?

Edited by Dnj (05/11/17 01:52 PM)

#431634 - 05/12/17 05:11 AM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Can you imaging the repercussions from Yamaha fans if they couldn't use their older styles in the Genos?.....

"Oh The Humanity"!!

#431636 - 05/12/17 07:20 AM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

All this goes back to a rumor on psr tutorial forums...

I dont see why yamaha cant have 2 different style engines in the instrument... depending on what style you choose it chooses the engine... the only problems i see for the old styles are :

The controll surface of the new styles is incompatible with the old interface... this could be solved by moving part of the "old" style comtrolls to the touchscreen, and using the new interface for the new styles where aplicable..

Yamaha might want to remove some of the very old (like 15 years) for. The instrument, as they are low quallity and not wanted in a new instrument anymore... Yamaha could solve this by adding a mapping that maps old sounds in the style engine to new sounds of the genos... will not be optimal, but with some edditing styles could be high quallity again..

So... while i am hoping for a new and revolutionairy artificial intellignet style engine... i hope they dont throw away the old engine nad compatibillity... there is just to much good(y)ness in the current style database..

However, i also realise that if the jump forward is big enough people will accept this... but if the jump is less then stellar... people will revolt...

http://keyszone.boards.net

#431646 - 05/12/17 11:08 AM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: Dnj]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
What if the GENOS is not an arranger, but something completely new.

Bill

#431651 - 05/12/17 12:24 PM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By abacus
What if the GENOS is not an arranger, but something completely new.

Bill

As long as it has arranger compatibilities, it is an arranger, unless.....

Unless, you take a keyboard workstation like the Kronos and add arranger styles... would that make the Kronos a totl arranger? Or a workstation with arranger features?

And what about a casio px-560 or the yamaha dgx 660' are they stage piano's or arranger keyboards?

Anyway.... no matter what the Genos will be, it should have a build in arranger of any sort...to make it interesting to arranger players..

#431699 - 05/14/17 06:20 AM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: Dnj]
Korgman5
Unregistered

I don't think Yamaha will eliminate previous styles because of
the popularity of them in past models. So many "guesses" that
are only "guesses".
The next model will be great and of course we will still have
those who want "this and that". That's what makes this forum
so interesting. Lloyd

#431700 - 05/14/17 06:28 AM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: ]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By Korgman5
I don't think Yamaha will eliminate previous styles because of
the popularity of them in past models. So many "guesses" that
are only "guesses".
The next model will be great and of course we will still have
those who want "this and that". That's what makes this forum
so interesting. Lloyd

Price will be a big factor also,"different" then the previous arrangers will be the answer,...will they go high end TOTL or MOTL to sell more units or both.... 61,73,76, or 88 keys & a quality keybed in a smaller lighter overall package something that many players really are concerned about. Just read these posts besides other wanted features,...if Yamaha is listening this time around or not, they would be wise to do so,....upcoming Summer Namm or Winter Namm might give us a peek,..personally I'm proud of myself lately to a hold out biding time playing my Great S970 and just waiting to what what turns up. Honestly I did really enjoy my Korg Pa4x also, a truly great gigging arranger for sure with super features for the live player, yamaha should learn from that..... Hang in there GENOS fans!... cool2

Edited by Dnj (05/14/17 06:37 AM)

#431727 - 05/14/17 08:30 PM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: Dnj]
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
Yes, price will be a factor for me, along with any improvements made----assuming I can or can’t live without them. Meanwhile, the S970 and T5 are working just fine. So, I’m in no hurry. I would prefer lighter weight and improved sound and styles, if that’s possible. But, if that’s all we get, what would that cost? Whenever a new arranger appears, maybe some clever person can analyze the new features, along with the new price, and calculate the approximate cost of each new added feature.

#431731 - 05/15/17 04:32 AM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: J. Larry]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By J. Larry
Yes, price will be a factor for me, along with any improvements made----assuming I can or can’t live without them. Meanwhile, the S970 and T5 are working just fine. So, I’m in no hurry. I would prefer lighter weight and improved sound and styles, if that’s possible. But, if that’s all we get, what would that cost? Whenever a new arranger appears, maybe some clever person can analyze the new features, along with the new price, and calculate the approximate cost of each new added feature.

The minute there's a whiff of a NEW Genos or whatever its called release date for Yamaha the resale prices of S970/T5 will plummet to an all time low, be prepared to move & sell fast or keep what you have and buy the new addition to add to your collection if your so inclined. I'm sure Martin harris, Peter Barrtmans, & Michele Voncken are eager to get back on the road touring and demonstration the new GENOS as we speak too. We'll see? cool2

#431755 - 05/15/17 11:18 AM Re: New Yamaha GENOS older style compatable or not? [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By Dnj
Originally Posted By J. Larry

The minute there's a whiff of a NEW Genos or whatever its called release date for Yamaha the resale prices of S970/T5 will plummet to an all time low, be prepared to move & sell fast or keep what you have and buy the new addition to add to your collection if your so inclined. I'm sure Martin harris, Peter Barrtmans, & Michele Voncken are eager to get back on the road touring and demonstration the new GENOS as we speak too. We'll see? cool2

I know someone that allready sold his T5.. made a really good deal...
Bought it new for €3500 and sold it for €3250 after 1 1/2 year of fun...

If you combine that with the deal i made on the Pa4x, which i bought for an incredible €2600 but also getting €500 back on a G70 which i was unable to sell above €300

If i decide to go for the Genos, i should be able to get atleast €2200 as trade in for the pa4x (that is, if..)

If you have a keen eye for buiseness, you will be able to buy some great instruments and sell them witouth loosing to much money.. espescially if you only play them at home and keep them in mind condition... the trick is choosing the right moment..

Wayting to sell your Tyros5 till the Genos arives in general is not a wise decision financially... but then, who can live witouth a high end arranger?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online