SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#428989 - 02/16/17 07:38 AM Mardi Gras - song ideas (for older crowd)?
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
I have never played a Mardi Gras party before, but I have one booked. Looking for some song ideas. This will be an older crowd (mostly people aged 75 up to 90s. I'm looking for older or more "traditional" songs rather than current ones, given the age of the folks. Songs they would immediately recognize, and that are somehow associated with Mardi Gras or music that one would expect to hear (years ago) at a Mardi Gras event.

Thanks!
Jim

#428991 - 02/16/17 09:08 AM Re: Mardi Gras - song ideas (for older crowd)? [Re: jimlaing]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Don't Mess With My Toot Toot - Fats Domino
Marie Laveau
Walking To New Orleans - Fats Domino
House Of The Rising Sun
This Old House/When the Saints Come Marching In
Adilida

I'm sure that most of these would be recognized by most audiences in that age category, but with luck Don Mason will chime in and provide you with some more. Keep in mind the main reason you were hired was for the songs you usually provide, so don't go overboard with Mardi Gras songs.

Hope this helps,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#428993 - 02/16/17 09:30 AM Re: Mardi Gras - song ideas (for older crowd)? [Re: travlin'easy]
hammer Offline

Loc: Texas
Jim,
You got mail!!

Deane

#428997 - 02/16/17 11:48 AM Re: Mardi Gras - song ideas (for older crowd)? [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Thanks for the help and ideas! Yes, I only want to do maybe 6-8 songs within the ~90 minutes, that are "Mardi Gras" themed. The rest of the time will be taking requests, doing a sing-along or two, and playing the tunes I know they like ...

Thanks again!
Jim

#429007 - 02/16/17 09:52 PM Re: Mardi Gras - song ideas (for older crowd)? [Re: jimlaing]
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
dixieland

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online