SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#426180 - 09/15/16 03:57 PM Eurolive speakers ,Behringer
Mockie Offline

Loc: Dublin Ireland
Thinking of buying a 15 inch Eurolive Passive or possibly Active PA speaker.

Any positive reports on these.

I stood in for a keyboard player at a club for 4 Saturdays recently and I was able to use a house 15 inch speaker on the stage, it saved me carrying some gear to the gig. The sound was amazing and very good bass sound. I used my G70 with split bass as I played with the house drummer . I checked the brand name at the rear of speaker and it was Eurolive by Behringer, if was very well built and appeared to be very heavy. It was so impressive that I'm now looking at buying one. Any thoughts on this one.
There is a similar model on Thomann site 1520 Pro

https://www.thomann.de/ie/passive_speakers_fr.html?filter=true&manufacturer%5B%5D=Behringer

Edited by Mockie (09/15/16 04:02 PM)

#426223 - 09/16/16 12:55 PM Re: Eurolive speakers ,Behringer [Re: Mockie]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
There are so many choices i powered speakers its crazy.
Mostly price will determine quality but don't forget to look at the inputs, do you need an external mixer, and weight. Behringer has upped their game and is a good middle of the road brand. If you don't want to spend a lot Mackie is having a rebate sale on their Thump Series.
If you want to go unpowered look at the Carvin XP800 powered mixer ( 12 lbs. 500 watts ) and their moulded cabinets. They also have a powered moulded cabinets with three channel mixers built in and for the money I think they're the best buy out there.
If you want to spend more there's plenty of upper level speakers out there from EV, JBL, Yamaha, ETC.

#426225 - 09/16/16 01:08 PM Re: Eurolive speakers ,Behringer [Re: Mockie]
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (09/16/16 01:16 PM)

#426227 - 09/16/16 01:18 PM Re: Eurolive speakers ,Behringer [Re: Mockie]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Whatever you get...if you want a big sound, make sure it includes a 15 "

It is kinda like hot rod cars..it takes a lot of bucks for a small block to run with a big block (engines) wink

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online