SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#421219 - 05/12/16 07:20 AM MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo
Bachus Offline

This is more of the sounds we can expect from Ralph Maten

Again i must say, it sounds very good for a sub €1000 arranger.
But yet, still not a typicall arranger performance.

Hope to get my hands on one soon.
Seems its mostly aimed at EDM.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421221 - 05/12/16 08:46 AM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: Bachus]
rosetree
Unregistered

This Ralph Maten has made it clear more than once that he actually frowns on orchestral sounds. From that moment on all my interest in this Casio instrument has disappeared, as it was clear enough to me that the EDM focus is not my cup of tea.

#421222 - 05/12/16 08:52 AM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
removed.

Edited by FransN (05/12/16 09:45 AM)

#421225 - 05/12/16 10:23 AM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: ]
AlenK Offline

Loc: Great White North
Originally Posted By: rosetree
This Ralph Maten has made it clear more than once that he actually frowns on orchestral sounds. From that moment on all my interest in this Casio instrument has disappeared, as it was clear enough to me that the EDM focus is not my cup of tea.

I downloaded the MZ-X500 Appendix document from the Casio web site. It lists all the tones, rhythms, and other presets inside. It does list more modern stuff, true, but for the most part I see what you usually find in arranger keyboards: Lots of pop, rock, R&B, disco, jazz, Latin, ballroom, etc. Because, you know, EDM. ;-)

PS. People who dismiss (or dump on) Casio products before even trying them are looking increasingly shrill nowadays.

Edited by AlenK (05/12/16 10:59 AM)

#421227 - 05/12/16 11:00 AM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: Bachus]
FransN Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Yes but how does these styles sound. There is still no decent demo to show us how these styles sound. only what I hear are the same sounds and styles again and again. I own a ctk 7200 and what I have heard sofar doesn't sound that much better as the ctk 7200.

#421228 - 05/12/16 11:02 AM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: AlenK]
rosetree
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: AlenK

I downloaded the MZ-X500 Appendix document from the Casio web site. It lists all the tones, rhythms, and other presets inside. It does list more modern stuff, true, but for the most part I see what you usually find in arranger keyboards: Lots of pop, rock, R&B, disco, jazz, Latin, ballroom, etc. Because, you know, EDM. ;-)

PS. People who dismiss (or dump on) Casio stuff before even trying it are looking increasingly shrill nowadays.

I am open-minded regarding Casio, only if a major presenter ridicules orchestral sounds in the way Ralph Maten did at Musikmesse (maybe you didn't take note of it, I think it was an interview in German), I'm done with it as orchestral sounds are my main interest. No matter whether the brand is Casio, Roland or anything.

Edited by rosetree (05/12/16 11:02 AM)

#421232 - 05/12/16 12:51 PM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

Did you listen the demo, one needs to admit that those strings certainly sounded good...

Ralph prommised me that he would show the typicall arranger capabillities with typicall arranger sounds and typicall arranger styles in another upcomming demo...

PS. People who dismiss (or dump on) Casio stuff before even trying it are looking increasingly shrill nowadays.

I am open-minded regarding Casio, only if a major presenter ridicules orchestral sounds in the way Ralph Maten did at Musikmesse (maybe you didn't take note of it, I think it was an interview in German), I'm done with it as orchestral sounds are my main interest. No matter whether the brand is Casio, Roland or anything.

Did you listen the demo, one needs to admit that those strings certainly sounded good...

Ralph prommised me that he would show the typicall arranger capabillities with typicall arranger sounds and typicall arranger styles in another upcomming demo...

Edited by Bachus (05/12/16 12:52 PM)

http://keyszone.boards.net

#421233 - 05/12/16 01:00 PM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: ]
AlenK Offline

Loc: Great White North
Originally Posted By: FransN
Yes but how does these styles sound. There is still no decent demo to show us how these styles sound.
Agreed that Casio needs to make demos that highlight the styles. Its a big missing.

I know the video you reference and you're right, I don't know what he said there because I don't speak German and no captions nor auto-translation is provided. But it's hard to understand why you would dismiss a keyboard's capability in a particular area (orchestral sounds) simply because of ONE Casio rep's verbal statements about it, especially considering what you perceive as his musical bias. When the MZ-X500 becomes available in a store near you why not audition it first?

#421234 - 05/12/16 01:50 PM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: AlenK]
rosetree
Unregistered

I know the video you reference and you're right, I don't know what he said there because I don't speak German and no captions nor auto-translation is provided. But it's hard to understand why you would dismiss a keyboard's capability in a particular area (orchestral sounds) simply because of ONE Casio rep's verbal statements about it, especially considering what you perceive as his musical bias. When the MZ-X500 becomes available in a store near you why not audition it first?

I have been open by listening to some demos of the instrument, and if I happen to see it in a store I guess I will try it, too, but Maten expressed it in quite a general way, saying the developers focused on electronic sounds and EDM music, and orchestral sounds are not what the instrument is about.
I have always considered all brands to be potentially interesting, but I'm not a Casio fan to be eagerly interesting in an instrument when a main demonstrator expressly turns me away from it.

#421237 - 05/12/16 04:10 PM Re: MZ/X500 Ralph Maten sound Demo [Re: ]
Mikem Offline

Loc: Quebec, Canada

I feel exactly the same way, Rosetree. More specifically, I want the keyboard to excel in 3 major groups of sounds in a keyboard, whether it's a workstation or an arranger; Acoustic, Orchestral and Choir. If a keyboard is weak in 1 or more of these areas, I dismiss the keyboard. For me, other sounds are way less important.

Edited by Mikem (05/12/16 04:13 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online