SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#418270 - 03/13/16 05:54 PM Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5??
leeboy Offline

Loc: Ocala, FL USA
Hey guys...does the new PA4X have the kind of frestyles type styles the T5 has?? If so can you post examples?

I wish the Korg owners/players would post demos...it makes one thing only a small handful are sold...and most of the demos seem to be not my kind of music as compared to Yamaha.

#418272 - 03/13/16 09:54 PM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: leeboy]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
If you are talking for Hip Hop I would definitely steer toward a workstation versus an arranger.

I would think you would want arps & Karma...

But the Korg PA4X is a great songwriting tool. You may be able to find your niche with it like I have. The sequencer is fully capable to get a complete production down with precise edits. Hip hop would need that.

I posted demos of what the board can do recently here if you are a songwriter. IMO it is a great songwriting tool as well as live performer...

It is the ultimate sidekick for me

#418275 - 03/14/16 03:44 AM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: Steve A]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Steve A
If you are talking for Hip Hop I would definitely steer toward a workstation versus an arranger.

But the Korg PA4X is a great songwriting tool. You may be able to find your niche with it like I have. The sequencer is fully capable to get a complete production down with precise edits. Hip hop would need that.

I posted demos of what the board can do recently here if you are a songwriter. IMO it is a great songwriting tool as well as live performer...

You obviously have no clue what Yamaha freestyles are..

No Korg nor any others have the freestyle feature, its a typical thing for the high end Yamaha arrangers and CVP piano's.. they are very very very usefull

http://keyszone.boards.net

#418282 - 03/14/16 09:55 AM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: Bachus]
Steve A Offline

Loc: Los Angeles, CA
Originally Posted By: Bachus
Originally Posted By: Steve A

You obviously have no clue what Yamaha freestyles are..

No Korg nor any others have the freestyle feature, its a typical thing for the high end Yamaha arrangers and CVP piano's.. they are very very very usefull

And there you have it.....I stand corrected........my bad

#418289 - 03/14/16 05:01 PM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

Thanks for the help guys....
So, One other question...on a PSR S970 can I make my own free style styles (maybe start with a factory one)

I am 67 and I do not play any modern music.

#418291 - 03/14/16 06:20 PM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yes.

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#418292 - 03/14/16 06:34 PM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: leeboy]
leeboy Offline

OK, excellent!
Thanks Gary

#418293 - 03/14/16 07:03 PM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: leeboy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Someone on the PSR-Tutorial site posted a large number of free-styles he created on the S-970 I believe, and I think they will also work with the S-950 and most of the Tyros series keyboards.

I attached the latest collection for the S-950 and S-970 keyboards

Gary cool

Attachments
Free Styles Collection.zip (54 downloads)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#418296 - 03/14/16 08:58 PM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: leeboy]
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
As far as I know, no other brand besides Yamaha actively market "free play styles," which provide a chordal accompaniment with little or no rhythm, to support rubato playing.

However, and I have posted this on SynthZone several times: Free play styles can be programmed on a Korg, Roland, Ketron, etc.; pretty much any arranger which supports user styles, "retrigger" of long notes which are programmed for the duration of the style pattern; and either sync stop, or the ability to turn off chord "memory" so that the sound trails off when you release the keys.

I have uploaded examples of free play styles for Korg and Roland on this forum, and other forums which are specific to those brands. Search my posts for links and downloadable attachments.

Anyone who understands the basic theory behind an arranger can program a free play style, or recreate the popular ones which are included on the Yamahas. It's not mystical or magical. It's just a specific and imaginative application of the built-in feature set.

#418311 - 03/15/16 10:00 AM Re: Does the Korg Pa4X have freesle stylliike the T5?? [Re: leeboy]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
this is probably not a Free Play Style, but you can simulate a free play style on the Pa4x. You can turn off the drums and other parts of the style, use manual bass and off you go. Look at the following video at the 7:55 time mark for an Example of what I'm talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5FsTvQfiPQ

Edited by kbrkr (03/15/16 10:02 AM)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online