SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#405463 - 07/24/15 02:00 PM Best arranger player I've seen
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi all,

This video features the Tyros 5, but this unknown guy is also the best arranger player I've seen to date:

Henni

#405465 - 07/24/15 02:56 PM Re: Best arranger player I've seen [Re: Henni]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Comments as I listen:
First guy is excellent piano player. Second guy is very good. Horn players over there seem to be able to hold their breath for a couple of minutes also. Maybe it's me, but it takes away from realism.
I must say the T5 sounds great. Don't think I want to watch another hour and a half right now.
Now he's demonstrating how it plays recording of someone singing, and he's playing some chords with it. I can't understand the explanation of course. Now a recording of Elvis imitator. I wouldn't use it that way; may as well play an MP3.
At 30 minutes, the first guy is back. Wish it were in English. Still talking about something after two more minutes.
Playing piano again. Piano sounds just like a piano to me! 33:30 playing piano with arranger going. 34 now more talking. 35 playing piano with style, apparently in Pianist mode. Very pleasant and realistic. Suspect audio drums style. 37 now playing electric piano in same mode. Maybe he'll get to other sounds later. Still over an hour to go and only piano demos. It's a good find for sure, Henni.
Maybe I'll finish it later. I'm going to play my SD7 now.

#405467 - 07/24/15 03:31 PM Re: Best arranger player I've seen [Re: Henni]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

The Tyros 5-76 is one great board. The sounds and styles are great. This guy shows it off for what it is.
I love my Tyros 5-76 even though I have ordered a Ketron SD 7
simply because I want to learn a new OS and enjoy the great
realism of the Ketron. Lloyd

#405468 - 07/24/15 03:31 PM Re: Best arranger player I've seen [Re: Henni]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

The Tyros 5-76 is one great board. The sounds and styles are great. This guy shows it off for what it is.
I love my Tyros 5-76 even though I have ordered a Ketron SD 7
simply because I want to learn a new OS and enjoy the great
realism of the Ketron. Lloyd

#405469 - 07/24/15 03:33 PM Re: Best arranger player I've seen [Re: Henni]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Sorry for the double post. It took too long to see the first post so thought it did not submit. Lloyd

#405476 - 07/24/15 10:41 PM Re: Best arranger player I've seen [Re: ]
Bachus Offline

I think this was the first or one of the first demo videos for T5 available... As usuall the sound was heavilly critisized back then...

This video however was what peeked my interest back then in the T5, still love my T5.. Tough while the pianos sound good, ( mostly because of the player ) my kronos pianos are from a different world..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#405478 - 07/24/15 11:41 PM Re: Best arranger player I've seen [Re: Henni]
Henni Offline

Loc: South Africa
Hi,

That guy can sure play acoustic guitar like the real thing. Also, he must have two brains. Note on certain sections the different complex melodies he plays with each hand. Also, his live backing for vocalists is very, very good & sounds like the real thing.

Henni

#405480 - 07/25/15 12:13 AM Re: Best arranger player I've seen [Re: Henni]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: Henni
Hi,

That guy can sure play acoustic guitar like the real thing. Also, he must have two brains. Note on certain sections the different complex melodies he plays with each hand. Also, his live backing for vocalists is very, very good & sounds like the real thing.

Henni

Any decent pianist can play their hands independently and organists can manage 3, in that they can also play the pedals at the same time. (This is what allows the players create their individual style mark, as they don’t have to follow a boring and repetitive style)

As you move onto more complex works of music then arranger styles become even worse, as even the best arranger cannot then track what the player is doing.

As to the video, then yes, as Bachus says, it is an oldie, but still pretty decent.

Bill

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online