SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#405387 - 07/23/15 04:27 PM First Gig with my Ketron (Ajamsonic) SD-7
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
I just did my first gig with my new Ketron Ajamsonic SD-7. I'd like to think that it was my virtuoso talent but I was a huge hit with my new keyboard. I had heard about the qualities of this new powerhouse keyboard so I purposely unpacked the keyboard at the gig and played it out of the box. No previous exposure. All the guys in the band were amazed. I do have experience with the midJPro and Audya so it wasn't totally unfamiliar to me. I experienced no problems or glitches all evening. I've never sounded better.

One highlight of the evening was when one member of the audience commented to me that the "marimba sound" I used on "Spanish Eyes" brought tears to his wife's eyes. It was a good thing, he didn't mean that I had played it so badly. I was on fire with the sounds I was hearing coming out of the SD-7 instrument.

The graphic interface is so easy to navigate that the instrument almost plays itself. I had a really good night.

Thank you Ketron. It doesn't get any better than this. Sweet!

#405389 - 07/23/15 04:34 PM Re: First Gig with my Ketron (Ajamsonic) SD-7 [Re: salsaman]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Great to hear! Can't believe you didn't set anything up. You must be just using sounds, right?

#405392 - 07/23/15 04:40 PM Re: First Gig with my Ketron (Ajamsonic) SD-7 [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Congrats salsaman.......sounds like your on your way to some fabulous music. Keep us posted on your experiences. keys

#405399 - 07/23/15 06:32 PM Re: First Gig with my Ketron (Ajamsonic) SD-7 [Re: Dnj]
salsaman Offline

Loc: Port Angeles, WA., USA
We don't have a drummer so I do use the style patterns with no auto accompaniment, just the drum patterns. The drums sound great on Ketron instruments. We perform for dancers. Swing tunes, fox trots and a few waltzes and a lot of latin dances. I also play the bass lines.

The SD-7 is a marvelous instrument and is really well designed. It is very intuitive to operate but I have a lot of experience with all makes and models of keyboards. I'll take the Ketron SD-7 over anything on the market today.

#405436 - 07/24/15 05:10 AM Re: First Gig with my Ketron (Ajamsonic) SD-7 [Re: salsaman]
Tyrosman5
Unregistered

Wow, this makes me feel super as I have a SD 7 on the way. I appreciate the comments because hearing from owners is the
best way to know if the keyboard is a winner or a loser.
Thanks so much for your input. Lloyd

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online