SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#402883 - 05/27/15 10:07 PM Tangerine Dream quote: True or False?
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
…from the latest issue of Keyboard Magazine

May 01, 2015: WE WERE IN THE MIDDLE OF NAMM when we got the sad news that Edgar Froese, co-founder of seminal electronic music group Tangerine Dream, passed away on January 20 of this year-at age 70.

We leave you with one of his observations from previous Keyboard interviews that are just as relevant to making music with technology today as they were then.

".....it's amazing to me to come to the United States and hear what is being played on your radio stations: It's all rock music, ads, soft music, ads, pop music, ads.....It's so funny, because all the hardware one could ever want is available in the States and yet no one seems to be making use of it to do anything different:'

Mark asks: What do YOU think about the statement: "all the hardware one could ever want is available in the States and yet no one seems to be making use of it to do anything different?

Does it apply to the music scene today?

#402998 - 05/30/15 11:31 PM Re: Tangerine Dream quote: True or False? [Re: Mark79100]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I have a problem with Tangerine Dream ... while they may have been doing something different there is no way I would call what they did was anything could be considered to be music. Have you ever listened to them? Once was enough for me. In fact it was more than enough. I can listen to any style of music and find something to appreciate ... but not Tangerine Dream because it is not music at all. So it is hard for me to take any of their quotes seriously.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online