This week I dusted off the old Roland VS 2480 24 track recording deck. I bought this deck way back when I was married the first time...20 years ago maybe? The VS 2480 was light years ahead of it's time. It's still used in some recording studios. It also takes a bit of study or a recording engineer's degree to operate.

I hadn't used the deck for a good 10 years. I want to record another CD for my wife and this time using our Tyros 4. Our first CD was one I recorded 10+ years ago using the 2480. It was a bluegrass CD and we sold a lot of those CD's.

I tried using the Tyros recording system this time but it's really a two track recorder that you can bounce tracks with...not the best for a full CD....not bad for a quick and dirty demo.

Anyway, after much head scratching, I re-learned the basic(and I mean basic) steps of recording/mixing/mastering and producing a CD with the unit.

My first attempt is rough but the Tyros sounds wonderful...my voice? Eh...not so much.

So it's back to school to do another CD.

All I got to do is read a 2" thick manual for the VS2480 and watch a few videos on youtube and maybe in a few months...my wife and I will have our first CD in 10+ years.

smile

Edited by guitpic1 (02/27/15 11:25 AM)