SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#396144 - 11/19/14 04:07 PM Oui...Oui....Oui !!
Dnj Offline

Today I get to the gig and when I walk into the room its set up for about 75 pp for an un be known to me French Style Luncheon...then in the middle of the stage in a Giant 10 foot Eiffel Tower with blinking lights.... so I say to myself now I gotta come up with a few French themed songs....so I set up to the right of the tower and here comes all the people for lunch.......so my trusty S950 "WORLD" bank and opened with a nice French Musette style named "Under Parisian Skies" which set the mood for other songs like "Domenique" &
"Frre Jacques", & "The Can Can".....that's the beauty of the Yamaha arrangers you can find anything and they sound amazing when your in a pinch. Any wya that set the mood of the audience & after that was dancing as usual...all in all a great French luncheon with Wine & Cheese & some good music.

Au revoir everyone.... cool2

Edited by Dnj (11/19/14 04:09 PM)

#396145 - 11/19/14 04:27 PM Re: Oui...Oui....Oui !! [Re: Dnj]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: Dnj
.....that's the beauty of the Yamaha arrangers you can find anything and they sound amazing when your in a pinch.
Au revoir everyone.... cool2

Not just Yamaha arrangers, Donny ... I read your post, walked over to my Pa900 and there under "TRADITIONAL" was a lovely style simply titled "French Waltz" ... then I turned on my 14 year old technics kn6000, and in the "March and Waltz" section was a lovely "Musette Waltz" ...and I'm sure if I had a Roland, I would probably be able to find the same thing ...
Just Sayin' cool2 bounce

BTW ... I was hoping the vid would have been of YOU playing "Under Paris Skies" ... keys rocker

BTW 2 ... the accordion player in the vid did a really nice job ...

BTW 3 ... check out his Italian medley ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aJb048OypzA#t=1

Edited by tony mads usa (11/19/14 04:45 PM)

#396169 - 11/19/14 10:35 PM Re: Oui...Oui....Oui !! [Re: Dnj]
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
But where's the arranger player? All I see is an accordionist.

By the way, DOMINIQUE (not Domenique), while sung in French, was sung and written by a Belgian nun, Soeur Sourire. Apart from the language, it has nothing in common with French music culture.

Edited by Taike (11/19/14 10:39 PM)

#396177 - 11/20/14 05:52 AM Re: Oui...Oui....Oui !! [Re: Dnj]
Bill Lewis Offline

Loc: Bluffton/Hilton Head SC USA
Don't you just love showing up and no one thought to tell you there was a theme or special requests you would need to be prepared for ? I have all the basic Ethinc tunes on hand but French ? Did one like that but they let me know two days beforehand so I dug some stuff up. That lasted about 20 minutes then they wanted the regular stuff.

The other good one is when you show up and again no one thought of a place for you to set up. I actually had a couple of jobs where there was no place near to get electricity. One was a Sunday afternoon at a large banquet hall and they had me in the middle of two rooms against a folding wall. No plug ! Banquet manager answer to me was "thats your problem" Luckily the local harware store was open so I got a 100" extension cord. The other was a restaurant and they stuck me in a corner by the front door and had to unplug the cash register since they were closed for this private party. And they look at you like your an inconvenience to them.
Gotta love the challengers in this business.

#396180 - 11/20/14 06:37 AM Re: Oui...Oui....Oui !! [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

all in all it was a great gig,... Client was more then happy,..I got paid and everyone ate & danced and loved the show.....that's all that matters. Today I'm performing at a big marketing event....should be fun 200pp can't wait.. keys

Edited by Dnj (11/20/14 06:38 AM)

#396183 - 11/20/14 06:55 AM Re: Oui...Oui....Oui !! [Re: Dnj]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
We all get caught with an occasional surprise when working the senior circuit. However, most of are diverse enough to overcome these obstacles.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online