SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#395046 - 10/21/14 04:33 AM OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
One make festivals are not normally the type I attend (I much prefer a wider choice to listen to) but I am glad I did attend as it was a fantastic event that I really enjoyed.

During the day there were teach-ins and demos of the various instruments as well as mini concerts, with the big shows on the night. (Keep an eye out on the various Wersi sites and Facebook pages for pictures)

Believe it or not on the first day there was also a weirdo walking round with a Yamaha cap on (I think he came from the Fawlty Towers territory) but soon realised it was futile to try and compete with Wersi.

I have uploaded the program here as well as the latest Sonic Organ brochure here and will write a fuller report (Including my impressions of the Sonic) when I have time over the weekend.

Enjoy

Bill

#395047 - 10/21/14 04:54 AM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: abacus
One make festivals are not normally the type I attend (I much prefer a wider choice to listen to) but I am glad I did attend as it was a fantastic event that I really enjoyed.

During the day there were teach-ins and demos of the various instruments as well as mini concerts, with the big shows on the night. (Keep an eye out on the various Wersi sites and Facebook pages for pictures)

Believe it or not on the first day there was also a weirdo walking round with a Yamaha cap on (I think he came from the Fawlty Towers territory) but soon realised it was futile to try and compete with Wersi.

I have uploaded the program here as well as the latest Sonic Organ brochure here and will write a fuller report (Including my impressions of the Sonic) when I have time over the weekend.

Enjoy

Bill

Bill, i must say, that the new touchscreen user interface looks awesome, and very very usefull, finally something build to take advantage of a large touchscreen..

Sadly Wersi refuses to post some tutorials and impressions of the final version of the instrument on the internet...

I am looking forward to more information about this instrument, and keep hoping that there will be a 76 key abacus verion soon... With another 76 key expansion keyboard..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#395051 - 10/21/14 10:04 AM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: Bachus]
Bachus Offline

For those that dont realise it yet....

This is the most advanced musical instrument ever...

It really freaks me out that there are no soundsamples yet, there is no reasson for wersi to hide the sound of this jewel, is there?

#395075 - 10/22/14 07:56 AM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

I dont think anyone even took the time to read that brochure Bill...
Or maybe they didn´t understand what it said...

OAX is the Wersi operating system that takes OAS to the 21st century and beyound
Seems they are almost done now... and the Sonic really is the first all in one Organ/piano/arranger/synth workstation/DAW

I think it got all the tools neccesary to pull in the youth, and make the organ revival alive..
Thats also why they have added Florian Hutter as a new demo man.

Edited by Bachus (10/22/14 07:57 AM)

#395103 - 10/23/14 10:47 AM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Wersi Oktoberfest UK Report

This is the first time I have been to this festival, (I normally avoid single make festivals) and have to admit I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

The teach ins started about 11am and finished around 2.30pm and featured Brett Wales on the Louvre, Robert New on the Abacus, Robert Bartha on the Sonic & Louvre, David Dunlap on the Abacus & Scala, Clair Grieg on the Pegasus Wing and Ben Scott Hyde on the Scala, unfortunately due to only having 2 days available it was not possible to visit all the teach ins (Plus a lot was also going on in the shop area) so I focussed on the New Sonic and Pegasus Wing, while at the same time trying not to miss the demos in the shop area.

Clair was using her own Berringer speakers with her Wing and they were a match made in heaven, and sounded much better than the Wersi Vocalis speakers that are normally used. (The speakers also showed just how good the Wing can be (Even though it is Wersi’s entry level model) particularly with someone who knows how to use it. (You wouldn’t think she’s only had it a short time)

The Sonic is currently the most technically advanced Organ/Arranger on the market from any manufacture at any price, however it wasn’t perfect and in my opinion the speakers used for the teach ins and room demos (Wersi Vocalis again) really didn’t show what the instrument was capable of, so if you go to hear one make sure to listen on top quality speakers or headphones, or you will miss out on what’s available. (I will post a general review of the Sonic later)

The rest of festival was as in the program apart from the Saturday afternoon which was Florian Hutter rather than Jon Smith, and on Friday evening when the Galaxy was not operational, (They managed to get it going for Sundays Blankety Blank though) but Florian still gave a great performance on the Spectra which went on till about 2am in the morning. (As did Claudia Hirschfeld on the Saturday)

All the artists gave top notch performances but when Robert Bartha was about to play the Sonic there was a loud crack, as for some reason the bench broke, also Brett Wales performance on the Red Bagpipe emulator (You had to be there) in the late night bar was also a notable highlight. (Think we may have found next year’s Britain’s Got Talent Winner)

Hope you enjoyed the report.

Bill

#395106 - 10/23/14 11:44 AM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: abacus]
Bachus Offline

Sounds like it was the place to be last weekend... This is one of these things i hope to experience a time myself

The Sonic still not being perfect sounds like the reasoning behind all the delays.. However the dreaded latency problems that plagued them for over a year seem to have almost gone...

Wersi UK said on their website that the english manuall of the sonic will be online next week, looking forward to that (yes, i am one of those people that tends to read manuals before buying stuff)

With all the Wersi Buzz, i noticed that OaS instruments are finally in reach of everyone... A used abacus duall pro with most important expansions enabled and up to date hardware foes for a little over €2000 .. Yet offcourse in comparisson to the OaX instruments it falls short compared to todays totl arrangers... Where the OaX should blow away all arrangers

#395125 - 10/24/14 11:17 AM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: abacus]
abacus Offline

Here is the link to pictures taken of the event.

Enjoy

Bill

#395128 - 10/24/14 12:12 PM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: abacus]
Dnj Offline

Looks like everyone is having a great time!! I Love the size of the display on these instruments! .....every keyboard should have it that big & tilt..

#395133 - 10/24/14 01:59 PM Re: OT. Wersi Oktoberfest UK [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Dnj
Looks like everyone is having a great time!! I Love the size of the display on these instruments! .....every keyboard should have it that big & tilt..

13" .... Lets hope for that, huge multi touchscreens for everyone...

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online