SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#393276 - 09/15/14 11:04 AM PSR-S750
Bachus Offline

If someone would not need any vocal Harmony, the price difference between PSR750 and 950 is huge..... I asume the S750 would be the smarter choice..

Anyone experience with the S750? And what about the S650?

I am looking for an arranger to fit some ten year old kids that are serious about learning to make music, they are going to take lessons and have obviously outgrown the PSR E series...

For a sub €1000 arranger, the only alternatives are PA600, Pa300 and the KB5... And then there is the Casio stuff.. Anyone got any advice?

http://keyszone.boards.net

#393278 - 09/15/14 11:43 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
DAN.2000 Offline

Loc: FRANCE
I have PSRA2000 that is the same as S750 + BK5 + PA600...

mmm... the yamaha sound is more easy to get right out of the box.

Roland sounds not so good to my ears. maybe it's because the speakers.

Korg has good sounds, but more hard to play and listen than yamaha. The OS allow a lot more than yamaha (synthesis, FX, style editing, etc...) But more complicated

Finnaly, I am using the PSR more, because it is easy to get a decent sound

If I had to select only one in a desert island, I would go for the korg, because can do more things

But for instant playing, it's PSR

Edited by DAN.2000 (09/15/14 11:44 AM)

Dan
https://www.varranger.com

#393280 - 09/15/14 12:51 PM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The PSR-S750 is essentially the earlier PSR-S910, but without the vocal harmony and using the same sound system as the PSR-S950.

It has the same SA voices as the S910, and the same styles and polyphony.

It's an awesome little keyboard, and a great bang-for-the-buck.

Ian

#393285 - 09/15/14 02:19 PM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: ianmcnll]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
The PSR-S750 is essentially the earlier PSR-S910, but without the vocal harmony and using the same sound system as the PSR-S950.

It has the same SA voices as the S910, and the same styles and polyphony.

It's an awesome little keyboard, and a great bang-for-the-buck.

Ian

Thats what i noticed, where the improvement over the S650 seems huge and the price difference only about 20%. The differences to the s950 ( outside the harmony) seem much much less, but the price difference is almost 100%...

If you dont need a VH, then the choice seems allmost a no brainer.... Never paid attention to this little keyboard, but at the current price of just a liitle bit under €900 its as good as price performance gets

#393292 - 09/15/14 04:01 PM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada
If it was up to me I would never get a 10 years old an arranger keyboard.I would get him something with only few voices and least amount of buttons to push.That way he/she will play more and press buttons less.I have seen too many arranger players playing every song in one key.They just use transpose for every song.

On the other hand I think s750 is a good value keyboard.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#393293 - 09/15/14 05:30 PM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: mirza]
KORG80 Offline

Bachus
I've had all my recordings in the last year and a half produced from my PSR S750. I originally ordered the 950 and the Vocal harmony was so far below my standards I figured out how to make the 750 work with my stand alone harmonizer. Good think I know them well at the music store!
Check out........

http://www.synthzone.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/393236/Jazzy_Songs#Post393236

and... FAITHFUL

I'm miked into my Digitech Vocalist 4 which connects to the keyboard with a simple stereo mini plug cable from headphone out on my harmonizer to AUX IN on the 750.

I would highly recommend this keyboard.

God Bless,
Don

#393303 - 09/15/14 09:49 PM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza
If it was up to me I would never get a 10 years old an arranger keyboard.I would get him something with only few voices and least amount of buttons to push.That way he/she will play more and press buttons less.I have seen too many arranger players playing every song in one key.They just use transpose for every song.

On the other hand I think s750 is a good value keyboard.

Maybe thats because you dont live in europe. Arranger keyboards are still everywhere in the area i live in.

Overhere arrangers are very well accepted, and most music schools have addapted to and are giving arranger keyboard lessons... in which they do not only learn the typical arranger playstyle, but also piano style... and they learn to play both from notes as by ear... They learn about all the typical musicall instruments that are emulated by arrangers, and how to make a sax sound like a sax and a flamengo guitar like a guitar..

With their arranger keyboard lessons, then dont only learn playing keys, they also learn about music in general on a fun instrument..

There is also piano lessons, but they are often to serious for kids of just ten years old, arangers make it fun, and they can allways addapt to piano lessons later on.

And to be frankly honest, i think its all those buttons that pulls them towards arrangers....

Edited by Bachus (09/15/14 09:50 PM)

#393306 - 09/16/14 06:43 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
mirza Offline

Loc: london,ontario.canada

And to be frankly honest, i think its all those buttons that pulls them towards arrangers.... [/quote]

That is my point.It will become one more toy to play with, not an instrument.

TYROS 5,BEHRINGER X32PRODUCER,YAMAHA DSR112,JBL PRX618s XLF,EV ZLX12p,SENNHEISER E945,....ETC

#393307 - 09/16/14 08:27 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: mirza]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: mirza

And to be frankly honest, i think its all those buttons that pulls them towards arrangers....

That is my point.It will become one more toy to play with, not an instrument. [/quote]

Well, as long as the toy is fun, and keeps them interested in making music, i will take that toy any time above something more professiional but kinda dull...

And they allready have a Yamaha E series toy, that they been playing with since last christmass, and they are still playing with it because its fun, its the reason they are taking real musicall lessons in the near future... Because its fun and they enjoy it..

As a teacher, i know its important to combine fun, challenge and education to keep it interesting... As soon as it turns intoo a chore, you have lost their interest...

#393308 - 09/16/14 09:18 AM Re: PSR-S750 [Re: Bachus]
KORG80 Offline

Quote:

As a teacher, i know its important to combine fun, challenge and education to keep it interesting... As soon as it turns intoo a chore, you have lost their interest...

I too am a teacher and if students are not engaged and enthusiastic they soon lose interest. How many students who take piano, quit because they don't enjoy many of the dull meaningless songs they play?

In schools that teach recorder they start with "Hot Cross Buns" as it offers immediate success. Stick with all those dumb songs in the BAG books (based on notes B, A and G) and not many will stick with recorder. Show them how to play, "Lion Sleeps Tonight", "Ode to Joy" and other songs suited to the notes common on the recorder and you can capture their interest and keep them motivated and enthusiastic.

Man even "Hot Cross Buns" can be fun with the S 750 providing interesting rhythmic accompaniment. In my supply teaching in music the students have a lot of fun playing that silly song with their recorders along to the Cha Cha or Rock rhythms provided by the keyboard.

Music is fun but does take a lot of dedication and hard work. If the fun and enthusiasm are not there then the dedication and hard work elements become drudgery.

God Bless,
Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online