SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#392691 - 09/04/14 02:48 PM HK Nano...first gig
guitpic1 Offline

Loc: Missouri
Last night we played to about 40 seniors in an assisted living setting...folks were in a small room...sort of an intimate setting.

I decided to bring along the Nano 300...and the Tyros. We played for about an hour and 15 minutes.

We still have two Bose Compacts. The reason for bringing the Nano was for two reasons:

(1) The Nano has a nice bass end that I seem to be missing in the Compacts, and (2) dual inputs for the keyboard.

From the start I thought I got a bigger sound out of the Tyros using the Nano 300 than I would have out of the Bose...especially on the lower end.

That said, at times there may have been just a bit too much bass...still better than the mid rangey sound I seem to get on the Compacts.

Had I brought the Compacts...I would have brought two instead of the one Nano...to get the full sampled sound.

On the downside...Nano 300.....

I ran my voice through the Nano 300...my wife's through the Tyros. Her voice sounded great.

My mike was a Crown C311A headset which gives a full sound. I plugged directly into the Nano and got, what I would call, a bit of a thin sound. I think I've gotten a better vocal sound through the Compacts.

This was the first go round with the Nano. Only thing I can say is that I'll try the Nano again at a gig...see what happens.

I won't get rid of the Bose yet...I've been into Bose since they came out with the first L1 Model 1...and we have some bigger gigs coming up...that will be between a couple of JBL 515's and two Compacts.

Take care all.

Rog

#392700 - 09/04/14 05:59 PM Re: HK Nano...first gig [Re: guitpic1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I've found I have to roll the bass back a little. I use the Nano bass control at 12:00. If it's still too heavy I roll a little bit off my mixer or keyboard.
Overall it's pretty well balanced though.

#392726 - 09/05/14 08:03 AM Re: HK Nano...first gig [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

I used to use Two Nano 300 units but after a while it didn't give me the PUNCH I needed for many of my larger venues, ....now since I switched to the Yamaha DXR 8's tops with a EV ZXA1 Sub it's a beautiful thing on stage now OMG the sound difference is amazing using my S950 or if I'm DJ'ing, The DXr's really let your vocals soar and cut thru the mix also wow!. And I still have so many setup options for smaller gigs too, 1 speaker, 2 speaker all all three!! cool2 .

keys

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online