SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#391612 - 08/07/14 03:25 PM OT: Interview of a band I play with
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
I have the honor of playing drums with a local Dallas band that has been performing all sorts of events for over 50 years. They are called "The Joker Band" and they have actually been together longer than the Rolling Stones! They play Tejano, and popular American music from the 40's-70's. It's fun to be in the drum chair because within a set we'll cover Tex- Mex Polkas,Cumbias, Boleros, classic country, old time rock n' roll, blues, and Great American Song Book Standards. They have a loyal following of mostly Mexican Americans born and raised here in Texas. Most of the members of this 11 piece band are in their 70's and 80's. They may not be in the top of their game so to speak, but they still get solid bookings, and know how to keep the dance floor packed by playing exactly what their audience loves to hear.

Anyways, here's a interview that a local magazine did on The Joker Band. I thought some of you would find it interesting to see what's going on around these parts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHtMD1asNtM

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

#391615 - 08/07/14 03:38 PM Re: OT: Interview of a band I play with [Re: montunoman]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
That is great ... enjoy yourself, there is not enough of that around ... Except for the Southwest, Tex-Mex stuff, that sounds like the playlist from our band in NY MANY years ago ...

Would LOVE to see a vid of the band playing ...

Talent of ALL ages in the deep South, eh?

Edited by tony mads usa (08/07/14 03:39 PM)

#391621 - 08/07/14 05:31 PM Re: OT: Interview of a band I play with [Re: montunoman]
Dnj Offline

Nice Paul....good luck to you all !!

#391623 - 08/07/14 08:11 PM Re: OT: Interview of a band I play with [Re: montunoman]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Great read, Paul.

Thanks for sharing,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#391643 - 08/08/14 09:20 AM Re: OT: Interview of a band I play with [Re: montunoman]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Awesome story Paul ... I guess it would not sound as PC if I were to post a monologue stating that I've been "playing with myself" for over 40 years, right? ... guess not.
smile

#391666 - 08/08/14 05:36 PM Re: OT: Interview of a band I play with [Re: montunoman]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
If it makes you happy Dave, I'm all for it.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online