SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#391393 - 08/02/14 08:40 AM iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad
Dnj Offline

Edited by Dnj (08/02/14 08:45 AM)

#391396 - 08/02/14 09:08 AM Re: iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad [Re: Dnj]
Bachus Offline

As a big fan of the ipad in general i have come to the conclusion, that the ipad is unfit for making computer based music, because it can only run a single program at once, background programs are halted..

Its nothing but a toy.... And the keybed does not change anything about that.

If you want to have a tablet for real music making, have a look at the microsoft surface pro 2.

Ipad is a perfect musicreader, and a nice toy to play with ( including music toying ). Its just not fit for professional music making, it does not have the freedom of a PC and lacks the interface of a professional instrument.

http://keyszone.boards.net

#391398 - 08/02/14 10:13 AM Re: iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad [Re: Bachus]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Bachus
As a big fan of the ipad in general i have come to the conclusion, that the ipad is unfit for making computer based music, because it can only run a single program at once, background programs are halted..

Its nothing but a toy.... And the keybed does not change anything about that.

If you want to have a tablet for real music making, have a look at the microsoft surface pro 2.

Ipad is a perfect musicreader, and a nice toy to play with ( including music toying ). Its just not fit for professional music making, it does not have the freedom of a PC and lacks the interface of a professional instrument.

thanx for the info, ...personally I wouldn't use anything
"i" related at this time for any of my needs cool2 .....especially in a professional situation. But I'm sure iRig has their fans and will sell many units.

#391400 - 08/02/14 10:30 AM Re: iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
...actually, Novation Launch Pad app will work simultaneously with Launch Keys, and they are fun to play with. In a live situation, I can see a scenario where I get a group of 20-somethings that want loud, continuous dance/trance beats - this can be done in real time, and quite creatively with Launch Pad. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwBbr6puQs

The sounds are terrific, and for a 20 minute dance break, you can be like deadmou5, if you want to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuQXsaB7wT4

(would "I" do it? Absolutely ... if the crowd showed me that it'd be the right thing at the right time. It's all about the audience with me. Thankfully, the opportunity has not come up yet, but I'm ready if it does!)
smile

Just amazing how many youngun's love to watch this guy.

#391405 - 08/02/14 11:42 AM Re: iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
...actually, Novation Launch Pad app will work simultaneously with Launch Keys, and they are fun to play with. In a live situation, I can see a scenario where I get a group of 20-somethings that want loud, continuous dance/trance beats - this can be done in real time, and quite creatively with Launch Pad. Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRwBbr6puQs

The sounds are terrific, and for a 20 minute dance break, you can be like deadmou5, if you want to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuQXsaB7wT4

(would "I" do it? Absolutely ... if the crowd showed me that it'd be the right thing at the right time. It's all about the audience with me. Thankfully, the opportunity has not come up yet, but I'm ready if it does!)
smile

Just amazing how many youngun's love to watch this guy.

we just have to dye our hair lolol......as these kids dont wanna see us old grey hairs trying to be hip playing with todays sounds!! surprised hahahah

#391407 - 08/02/14 12:52 PM Re: iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad [Re: Dnj]
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Hair?????

#391408 - 08/02/14 02:28 PM Re: iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad [Re: Uncle Dave]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Uncle Dave
Hair?????

Yea whatever wehave left....and that ain't much...lol rotfl

#391424 - 08/03/14 02:38 AM Re: iRig KEYS Demo The Universal portable KB for iPad [Re: Dnj]
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
I am one guy who absolutely loves his IPad for certain keyboard apps! And check out the alesis wireless midi controller keytar!
http://alesis.com/vortex-wireless

Using the camera kit connecter in my IPad I can wirelessly connect to some wonderful apps such as Magellan, an awesome synth app. There are many great keyboard apps to be found if you search for them.

I tried the novation UD refers to and it is very good and can be used for many other apps besides the Launchkey/Launchpad.

The Alesis Vortex just seemed like a no brainer for me when I came across it. And I love it and I've barely scratched the surface using it. (I've been pretty busy with the S950 I just got a few weeks ago)
But do yourselves a favor and if you haven't already, check out the Wireless Alesis Vortex. Aftertouch, Accerometer can be Set to any parameter, lots and lots of goodies, all for $200.
What? $200? Yup, it's a LOT of bang for the buck!
Jim

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online