SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#390197 - 06/30/14 07:19 AM Back From A Great Fishing Trip
KORG80 Offline

Well I'm back now having experienced some wonderful fishing. My favourite freshwater fish is the smallmouth bass and I caught a 5/6 pound smallmouth every day of the trip. One day I caught two! Also caught many 2/3 pound smallies along with some good sized pike and walleye. Everything was released to swim again. The walleye almost made it into the frying pan but I had thawed steaks so this fish was also released.

Unfortunately, my good friend and song writing collaborator got sick and didn't get on the water as much as he would have liked. However as usual, he inspired a new song which I will post once I have it recorded. Hey, Gary, Peter did have a bear cross the road in front of him on his way to the store in a nearby town.

Man, I was tired on that long drive home and glad I was travelling south. The northbound traffic on the other side of the highway was at a standstill because it's a long weekend here.

Here's a guitar song I wrote under similar circumstances last year.

God Bless,
Don

Edited by KORG80 (06/30/14 07:29 AM)

#390292 - 07/04/14 12:29 AM Re: Back From A Great Fishing Trip [Re: KORG80]
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Nice one Don !!!!! Doesn't sound like you got to have your fish dinner lol

#390769 - 07/19/14 03:09 PM Re: Back From A Great Fishing Trip [Re: Nigel]
KORG80 Offline

Thanks Nigel!

No the fish dinner was something Peter had played up all winter long. How the fishing was so good we'd hardly even need to bring food. His special fish fryer, special beer batter recipe and newly sharpened filet knives never got used because he felt so poorly. He's recovered now and is pretty excited about this song which came from him staring at a cottage on the point that was designed and built like a lighthouse. He kept asking if I could write a song about a lighthouse.

Well, I got most of this worked out on the guitar while still on the trip. Today I sat down at my Yamaha PSR S 750 and recorded this. Hope you enjoy it.

Lighthouse

Let me end with a shout out to all the "good old boys" at Gary's for the weekend. Wish I could have made it but I don't even have a passport yet.

God Bless,
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online