SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#390597 - 07/15/14 07:41 AM It's almost time for ....
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
The Mid-Atlantic Synthzone Jam.

This coming Sunday, July 20th, 12-noon till you drop.

For those that come on Saturday to drop off their gear, I'll have my tractor cart ready, thus alleviating the burden of lugging the equipment down to the house (150-feet across the lawn) by hand.

Additionally, for those coming Saturday, if you arrive before 10 p.m., cocktails and snacks on the deck, or at the family room bar.

Thought I would add another goodie to the event. For the past two years I've been performing at one of the nation's oldest retirement communities, where one of the residents there, whom I know from back when I was in high school, has been giving me CDs. He has beyond a doubt one of the largest collections of CDs I could ever imagine, and has given me hundreds. To be honest, I don't have room for them, and don't have nearly enough time to listen to them. So, I'm offering up to a half dozen to every person that attends the jam. How's that for a deal.

The menu has changed somewhat, mainly because of cost constraints. Crab meat price is insane right now, primarily because Chesapeake Bay crabs have been just about wiped out by commercial watermen. $25 a pound is about average for local, lump, backfin crab meat, and steamed crabs are $60 a dozen for medium size.

Same is true for fillet mignon - $90 for a 6-pound butt cutt, which would be barely enough for the event.

I will have:

Smoked Salmon (Homemade)
Steamed jumbo shrimp (with Old Bay Seafood Seasoning)
Grilled Johnsonville Grillers (Cheddar and Bacon Flavor)
Grilled Johnsonville Bratwurst
Jack Daniels Pulled Pork BBQ
Grilled Kielbasa with grilled peppers and Vidalia onions (Shish-ka-bob style)
Redskin Potato Salad
Macaroni Salad
Fresh Vegetables with Ranch Dressing dip, Salsa Dip, Onion Dip, Homemade Roasted Garlic & Onion Marmalade, crackers, Cream Cheese, chips, various specialized/spiced cheeses, and some sort of desert to yet be determined.
Coors Light Beer
Fully stocked bar
various soft drinks

It's gonna be a fun weekend, and for those that cannot, for one reason or another, make it, you're gonna miss out.

One more thing, please DO NOT PARK ON THE LAWN! Unfortunately, when someone pulls off the paved driveway and onto my lawn it breaks off the edge of the driveway, which is extremely expensive to have repaired. I've been through this in the past with parties here and it cost me a bundle. I have a 40 X 60-foot parking apron at the bottom of the driveway, plus a couple additional parking spots there. At the top of the driveway, there is ample parking for another dozen cars in the cul-de-sac. If need be, I can load you in the tractor cart and shuttle you down to the ranch.

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (07/15/14 07:46 AM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#390605 - 07/15/14 12:12 PM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: travlin'easy]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
No worries about the food, you are going above and beyond the call of duty with the food you are supplying and opening up your home to a bunch of crazy old guys and their wives. Looking forward to it !

#390607 - 07/15/14 01:35 PM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: travlin'easy]

thanks for being understanding, and I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday and Sunday.

Gary cool

#390610 - 07/15/14 06:04 PM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: travlin'easy]
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
Carol and I are in South Carolina tonight on our way up. We have two stops to make in Virginia and anticipate arriving in Forest Hill Saturday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing you and Carol again and meeting Tony & Lydia, Steve and Deb, AJ and everyone else who shows up.

Eddie

#390612 - 07/15/14 07:01 PM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: travlin'easy]

Fantastic. Have a safe trip, Eddie - see ya soon. I'll have a Manhattan waiting for ye matey.

Gary cool

#390613 - 07/15/14 07:01 PM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: btweengigs]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Gary ... it's all good ... I will talk to you by Thursday ...

#390614 - 07/15/14 07:41 PM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: travlin'easy]

I just found out that DNJ and Nancy may not be coming - health issues and awaiting test results from VA Hospital. It would be a shame for him and Nancy to miss this event, but I understand his concerns and anxiety.

Gary cool

#390638 - 07/16/14 09:52 AM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: travlin'easy]
tony mads usa Offline

Donny ... praying for your good health ... would love it if you and Nancy could get down to Gary's ...

#390639 - 07/16/14 09:52 AM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: tony mads usa]
tony mads usa Offline

... and how about Don Mason ... is the 'big fella' going to be there? ...

#390640 - 07/16/14 10:17 AM Re: It's almost time for .... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Donny ... praying for your good health ... would love it if you and Nancy could get down to Gary's ...

DITTO!! Get well Donny and soon, how about as soon as this weekend?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online