SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#388451 - 04/28/14 07:04 PM iPhone/Quick Capture Tool
KORG80 Offline

I love my keyboards but I still sing, play and record with my guitar. My friend and I love to fish. Last October he was able to get the use of his nephew's cottage for a week. We would fish all day and work on music most of the night. Somewhere in that hectic schedule we would manage to get a few hours sleep. This video was captured by my friend when he decided that my ad lib. on the guitar was worth recording. Recording the song would help me remember and possibly help me to come up with a new song. He just turned on his phone set it to video and focused on me. I was very surprised with the relatively good quality of the audio and video from such a small device. The smart phone is definitely helpful for quickly capturing new song ideas.

God Bless,
Don

#388458 - 04/29/14 09:24 AM Re: iPhone/Quick Capture Tool [Re: KORG80]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Good job! That guitar reminds me somewhat of an old Gibson L7 I used to have.

#388459 - 04/29/14 09:49 AM Re: iPhone/Quick Capture Tool [Re: DonM]
KORG80 Offline

It's a Guild probably at least as old as I am. First electric I ever owned. Used it in my "Wee Beasties" rock band as an 18/19 year old kid. My band actually opened for James Brown in his Toronto concert at Maple Leaf gardens in Toronto. By that time (mid sixties) I had been through a John Lennon Rickenbacker and a Gibson ES 335. I wish I still had those two guitars. However I discovered arranger keyboards and digital harmonies and can now do solo what I needed 3 other guys help with. Amazing the way technology marches forward.

I've always wondered what John Lennon would think about an arranger keyboard. LOL!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online