SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#388414 - 04/26/14 06:23 PM Vocalizers, and especially pitch correction
TedS Offline

Loc: North Texas, USA
Folks which of the following arrangers would you say has the best built-in vocalizer?
Korg Pa800
Korg Pa900
Yamaha Tyros 4
Yamaha PSR-S950

I know VoiceLive makes a variety of stand-alone vocal harmony units. But one of the features that's most important to me is a subtle pitch correction. Without experience, I'm guessing that feature would be more reliable on a built-in unit that has direct access to the arranger's chords.

Please educate me on this issue and offer your recommendation. Thanks!

#388415 - 04/26/14 06:32 PM Re: Vocalizers, and especially pitch correction [Re: TedS]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I played all on your list except the Tyros4, but I did have a Tyros3...If I had to select one from your list...it would be the PA900...Pitch correct did not fair well on the Yamaha's as I recall..

BTW: I am not sure if the Korg's have pitch correction, I haven't seen it on the PA800 or the PA900 I just tested..

Edited by Fran Carango (04/26/14 06:39 PM)

#388418 - 04/26/14 07:29 PM Re: Vocalizers, and especially pitch correction [Re: TedS]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I've played the T4 and S-950, but never used the pitch correction on either - never needed it. (Thankfully) The vocal processor itself on both the T4 and S-950 were very good - not to the extent the outboard processors are, but I would categorize them both as very good. Of course, if you cannot carry a tune in a five-gallon bucket, all bets are off with any vocal processor - both onboard and stand alone.

Good luck,

Gary cool

Edited by travlin'easy (04/26/14 07:32 PM)

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#388453 - 04/29/14 06:16 AM Re: Vocalizers, and especially pitch correction [Re: TedS]
montunoman Offline

Loc: Dallas, Texas
From my experience with the TC Helicon VL2, the pitch correction is only effective as a special effect. You still have to sing in pitch for it to come across well. In fact if you sing at all out of tune with pitch correction it actually sounds worse. Of course YMMV.

www.youtube.com/channel/UCV94i--V-A8kZShmGTKyDOw

https://www.facebook.com/elgrupocache

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online