SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#386804 - 03/22/14 11:04 AM A short instructional video on Yamaha's MFD
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
There are a few guys on this forum that want more from Yamaha's MFD (Music Finder Directory) but for me, it has been a fantastic tool since it first became available with the PSR-2000 nearly 2 decades ago. It really hasn't changed very much over the past 20 years, but the addition of being able to access third party styles from the USB drive have really done wonders for this fascinating tool.

On another forum, I was asked how I was able to utilize the MFD and decided to upload not only my custom MFD file to the forum, but additionally, a short, instructional video of how easy it is to work with.

Keep in mind that I'm not using my headset mic, and constantly worrying about the mic's position, so I hit a few bad notes in the production, and I didn't use my right hand for fills and licks like I usually do, but the content of the video portrays the usefulness of the MFD and how easy it is to work with.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#386828 - 03/22/14 03:39 PM Re: A short instructional video on Yamaha's MFD [Re: travlin'easy]
Dnj Offline

Gary nice video....I'm sure players will get something out if your instructions......hope to see more.
Also could you use a pedal to toggle
Mic Talk (no rev) & FX...just for demo sake be easier to understand you. clap

#386829 - 03/22/14 04:15 PM Re: A short instructional video on Yamaha's MFD [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Yeah, I know I could have taken out the effects and switched to talk, but I'm gettin lazy in my declining years. wink

Gary cool

#386853 - 03/23/14 05:19 AM Re: A short instructional video on Yamaha's MFD [Re: travlin'easy]
Keith W. Bailey Offline

Loc: New Castle Indiana USA
I enjoyed the video and the chance to hear your singing! I appreciate all of your help on the keyboard sites and wish you better health as your knee gets better. Praying for you Gary!

#386858 - 03/23/14 07:56 AM Re: A short instructional video on Yamaha's MFD [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Thanks Keith.

Gary cool

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online