SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#385305 - 02/25/14 11:40 PM current set up with KORG and KETRON
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.

After experimenting with (too) many keyboards over the last 12 months I finally settled down with a (very) old KETRON X1 to sit next to my trusted Korg PA800. I only had it properly going two days ago after working out all the ins and outs both of the Ketron and combining the two via MIDI.Playing both in my favourite way that is playing all accompaniment on the lower keyboard keys. Due to a school reunion the day prior there is no singing on this recording and what you hear is basically the old Ketron X1 with the exception of the musette sounds in the lead.Although rather cumbersome in programming ( as most Ketrons) it is amazind to discover how far they were ahead of their times ( this one goes back to 1999) and in particular with bass and drums. ( plus some outstanding samples of Sax, Musette, and a few more). All of those crammed into 24Mb of sampling. Pity that their after sales services were less ahead of time, to put it mildly.
Looks like I am going to hang on to this set up for a while though smile
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=6Sicxe6k0T0

regards,
John

#385317 - 02/26/14 06:46 AM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

After experimenting with (too) many keyboards over the last 12 months I finally settled down with a (very) old KETRON X1 to sit next to my trusted Korg PA800. I only had it properly going two days ago after working out all the ins and outs both of the Ketron and combining the two via MIDI.Playing both in my favourite way that is playing all accompaniment on the lower keyboard keys. Due to a school reunion the day prior there is no singing on this recording and what you hear is basically the old Ketron X1 with the exception of the musette sounds in the lead.Although rather cumbersome in programming ( as most Ketrons) it is amazind to discover how far they were ahead of their times ( this one goes back to 1999) and in particular with bass and drums. ( plus some outstanding samples of Sax, Musette, and a few more). All of those crammed into 24Mb of sampling. Pity that their after sales services were less ahead of time, to put it mildly.
Looks like I am going to hang on to this set up for a while though smile

regards,
John

John what am I missing this link is MY Korg Micro demos 1 & 2 from a few years ago I made when I had this KB confused1

Edited by Dnj (02/26/14 06:48 AM)

#385319 - 02/26/14 07:28 AM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: Dnj]
john smies Offline

Donny, Donny,

You should be more careful with the stuff that you have smile smile

regards,

John

Never understood why not every Yammie and Roland owner did not add one to their set ups. The Ketron X1 is not only old but also massive. I wish all these companies came out with a similar thing like the Micro Arranger for each and every one of us to add to his major keyboard..........

#385323 - 02/26/14 07:58 AM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

[quote=john smies]
Donny, Donny,

You should be more careful with the stuff that you have smile smile

????????????????????????????????????

ps I had a X1 years ago also just sayin wink

#385330 - 02/26/14 09:27 AM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Yes John, the link leads me to MY Youtube page as well, not yours.

#385336 - 02/26/14 10:07 AM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: DonM]
john smies Offline

apologies Donny, I thought you were having me on ! ( might have been smile

No clue why things worked out that way Don/Donny but hopefully the following link won't lead you guys astray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sicxe6k...rf0Rfpks9L0WvwQ

regards,
John

#385341 - 02/26/14 01:18 PM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: john smies]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: john smies

apologies Donny, I thought you were having me on ! ( might have been smile

No clue why things worked out that way Don/Donny but hopefully the following link won't lead you guys astray.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Sicxe6k...rf0Rfpks9L0WvwQ

regards,
John

the Korg x1 sounds terrific especially the drums. clap

#385343 - 02/26/14 02:29 PM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: john smies]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
John, I hate to say this, but your current setup looks like mine did 20 years ago. I had a PSR-5700 on the bottom tier and a PSR-740 on the top, a boom mounted mic, and some fake books on a music stand. My amp back then was a monster Peavey 600FX stereo mixer with a pair of SP5Gs on poles. When I saw the link that said Traveling Light, that was my stage name back then, at least till I found someone else was already using it.

Cheers,

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#385352 - 02/26/14 03:30 PM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: john smies]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I remember when I had the X1, it was miles ahead of everything else, soundwise at last. Still sounds great.
Main reason I sold it was because of having to reach across the keyboard with my left hand to use variation, intro, endings, fills, etc. buttons.

#385370 - 02/26/14 06:38 PM Re: current set up with KORG and KETRON [Re: DonM]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
I remember when I had the X1, it was miles ahead of everything else, soundwise at last. Still sounds great.
Main reason I sold it was because of having to reach across the keyboard with my left hand to use variation, intro, endings, fills, etc. buttons.

And Dan O did a standup job as a demonstrator with my X1 I had only 1 week to learn it before Xmas season started he and it helped me learn the OS with his Video demos too great stuff.. keys

Edited by Dnj (02/26/14 06:39 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online