SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#384087 - 02/08/14 08:40 AM OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort
big741.1 Offline

Loc: Edmonton,Canada
Greetings, Synthzone.

I know this is an arranger forum, but I've been messing around with my recently purchased Band In A Box software and I would like your thoughts on my first effort, if you would be so kind.

"The River Lady" is a Roger Whittaker song from the days of my youth. The backing track was put together in BIAB using a style called C_Eagles in which I substituted audio tracks for the bass, guitar and drums. The electric piano was also done with BIAB, but it is a MIDI track playing my PSR-3000. The vocal harmony was done with my 3000's on-board VH. Oh yeah, there's a couple lumps in the vocal, too. I probably should have spent a little more time on them, but I guess I was a little to eager to hear what the finished product would sound like. blush

The horn parts were done with my EWIUSB and a VST called WIVI Band.
The River Lady

Thanks for listening,
Dan

#384091 - 02/08/14 09:12 AM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: big741.1]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
That's a great recording Dan! Love the sound.

#384096 - 02/08/14 09:28 AM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: DonM]
big741.1 Offline

Originally Posted By: DonM
That's a great recording Dan! Love the sound.

Thanks, Don. I was originally going to do this song with my 3000, but when I heard that BIAB bass line I couldn't resist using it. Sometimes it still sounds a little busy to me, but I think (hope) it's a good busy.

Thanks for listening,
Dan

#384101 - 02/08/14 10:04 AM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: big741.1]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Fantastic job, as usual, Dan. Always enjoy your contributions to this and the PSR-Tuturial forums.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#384104 - 02/08/14 10:35 AM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: big741.1]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Really nice job, Dan...the horn parts are especially realistic. Nice background throughout, and the vocals are mixed in very well.

Overall, great work, as usual.

Ian

PS...Love the lava lamp...I have one pretty much identical, set up near the Tyros4, but mine is green.

#384105 - 02/08/14 10:49 AM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: big741.1]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: big741.1
Greetings, Synthzone.

I know this is an arranger forum, but I've been messing around with my recently purchased Band In A Box software and I would like your thoughts on my first effort, if you would be so kind.

"The River Lady" is a Roger Whittaker song from the days of my youth. The backing track was put together in BIAB using a style called C_Eagles in which I substituted audio tracks for the bass, guitar and drums. The electric piano was also done with BIAB, but it is a MIDI track playing my PSR-3000. The vocal harmony was done with my 3000's on-board VH. Oh yeah, there's a couple lumps in the vocal, too. I probably should have spent a little more time on them, but I guess I was a little to eager to hear what the finished product would sound like. blush

The horn parts were done with my EWIUSB and a VST called WIVI Band.
The River Lady

Thanks for listening,
Dan

clap headphone

#384115 - 02/08/14 12:20 PM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: Dnj]
billyhank Offline

Yea Dan - You still got it my friend. cool

That BIAB has really put out some good stuff for style and song making.

Bill G

#384160 - 02/09/14 06:48 AM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: big741.1]
big741.1 Offline

Hello friends.

Thanks for taking the time to have a listen and leave a comment. I appreciate your thoughts and time.

Thanks, Gary. I feel the same way about your contributions, too!

Hi, Ian. Thanks very much for your kind words. I've had the lava lamp for a long time. I "re-found" it a couple of weeks ago in a closet when I was tidying up, and I had to ask myself "Why isn't this in my studio?". To that end it now lives on a shelf just behind my 3000. I recall I used to have a blue one too, but it got accidentally left on for a few days. It overheated and didn't work anymore after that. frown

I like to think the lava lamp has improved the quality of my music at least ten-fold. grin

Thanks, Donny. I'm pleased that you liked it. smile

Hello, Bill. Thanks a bunch! I have to agree with you about BIAB. I've only had it for a couple of weeks, so I'm just beginning to scratch the surface of what it can do. Being able to drag tracks directly from BIAB into Reaper was certainly a nice surprise (as was the Youtube tutorial showing me how).

Thanks for listening,
Dan

#384694 - 02/17/14 03:40 PM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: big741.1]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Dan ... somehow I missed this, but I'm very happy I found it ... great job ... as Ian said, the horn parts sound very authentic ... great mix ...
thank you ...

#384720 - 02/18/14 06:45 AM Re: OT: The River Lady - My first Band In A Box effort [Re: big741.1]
big741.1 Offline

Thanks, Tony. I'm happy that you found it, too. smile

The EWI has become my favourite instrument to play. Great fun! I probably shouldn't admit that on an arranger forum. grin

Thanks for listening,
Dan

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online