SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#384298 - 02/10/14 06:55 PM The "WOW" factor
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Another Wow was posted by PSR-Tutorial forum member Elaine Fitzpatrick, who is an outstanding, and very creative musician. If I recall, she recently purchased a Tyros 4 or Tyros 5, can't remember which. Yesterday, she posted the theme from Exodus - WOW! Just thought I would pass it along.

Theme From Exodus

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#384360 - 02/11/14 11:22 AM Re: The "WOW" factor [Re: travlin'easy]
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Another Wow was posted by PSR-Tutorial forum member Elaine Fitzpatrick, who is an outstanding, and very creative musician. If I recall, she recently purchased a Tyros 4 or Tyros 5, can't remember which. Yesterday, she posted the theme from Exodus - WOW! Just thought I would pass it along.

Theme From Exodus

Gary cool

Quite nice, but she needs to make much greater use of an expression pedal as the rendition is too 1 dimensional.
Also (It may just be the recording) it sounded like notes (Sustained) were being chopped off when changing chords rather than a smooth flowing transition.

NOTE: The above observations are for constructive criticism, NOT negative criticism.

Bill

#384382 - 02/11/14 02:03 PM Re: The "WOW" factor [Re: travlin'easy]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Bill, I agree to some extent. This lady is one of the many that cannot play without the sheets in front of her. Consequently, this usually results in a stilted style of playing, at least from my observations.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online