SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#383133 - 01/30/14 03:30 PM ot/...PC GURUS Please Help Zip folder problem....
Dnj Offline

ok here's the problem PC gurus....

as pictured on my PC I have regular folders like you see. BUT, The other files shown are All ZIP File FOLDERS and for some unknown reason it doesn't show the ZIP Folders icon 2k, 3k, 5k, 6/8 etc, etc, .. like it used to be, they open ok....can this be fixed so I can see Zip files folders again? it's like that throughout my PC confused1

Thanx in advanced

Attachments
untitled.JPG

Edited by Dnj (01/30/14 03:33 PM)

#383135 - 01/30/14 03:34 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Did you install and/or just start using a new ZIP program?

Ian

#383136 - 01/30/14 03:38 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Did you install and/or just start using a new ZIP program?

Ian

NO Ian.....it's been like this for a few weeks for some reason ...I just got around to asking for help.. confused1

#383139 - 01/30/14 03:53 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: Dnj]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Usually if there was a change to a different default zip/rar the icons will change to the what the new program uses.

But, if you are sure you didn't change over a few weeks ago, it must be something else.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ian

#383140 - 01/30/14 03:54 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: ianmcnll]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: ianmcnll
Usually if there was a change to a different default zip/rar the icons will change to the what the new program uses.

But, if you are sure you didn't change over a few weeks ago, it must be something else.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Ian

Thanx Ian ..... I still await the GURUS help..?

#383142 - 01/30/14 04:04 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: Dnj]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Right click the folder that use to show as a zip folder.....where it says open with , select Zip and check the box as a default, and apply..

If Zip is not in the list, you may have to install a Zip program..

Edited by Fran Carango (01/30/14 04:05 PM)

#383164 - 01/30/14 08:08 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: Dnj]
Dnj Offline

Any othet suggestions?

#383165 - 01/30/14 09:51 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: Fran Carango]
Bachus Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango
Right click the folder that use to show as a zip folder.....where it says open with , select Zip and check the box as a default, and apply..

Since they open okay... there must be a ZIP program connected with the .zip format.

Check which program that is in the way Fran describes...

Then go to the execautable of that program in the folder where you installed it.. check properties of the program and see which pictogram is connected to that specific program...

You will probably find there is no pictogram selected, but the system allows you to set a new pictogram by selecting it ..

http://keyszone.boards.net

#383167 - 01/30/14 10:29 PM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: Dnj]
Mark79100 Offline

Loc: USA
Normally in a situation where you want to modify/change an icon, you go to a "window," click on tools.......folder options......file types....and then scroll down to the program you're trying to work with. For example, I just changed my mp3 icons to another icon design.

Interesting.......I didn't see an icon for ZIP folders. I've never done this but you can try clicking on "new" (when you're on the "folder options" dialogue page, and put "ZIP" in the box, click on 'advanced' and make sure it reads "compressed zip folder" and hit OK.

If that works, and you end up with an icon for ZIP files, you can then use the "change icon" tab to whatever one you want to use.

#383173 - 01/31/14 01:53 AM Re: ot/...PC GERUS Please Help folder problem.... [Re: Fran Carango]
Dnj Offline

Originally Posted By: Fran Carango

Fran's instruction worked as default> open with.....
Thank you to all who replied clap

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online