SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#382666 - 01/26/14 08:29 PM Roland E-300..some help with a New/Old board?
synthola Offline

Hi All

I am a new user of an old arranger board. Rescued it from the used bin at Sam Ash for $150. I love the quality and richness of the bread and butter sounds, even over my newer Roland Juno-xx boards. So I couldn't pass it up.

I was hoping you could help me with a problem I'm having with it though.

I need to use it for live performance (band), in which I am the (left hand) bassist and right hand piano, rhythm gtr, etc. I can split the board just fine, but am finding that the left hand patch doesn't respond to any controller commands (most importantly sustain), although the same sound will behave normally in whole board or layer mode.

Do any of you familiar with this board know of any way to get sustain pedal to work on a split patch for all parts?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Mark/Synthola

#382702 - 01/27/14 09:04 AM Re: Roland E-300..some help with a New/Old board? [Re: synthola]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
MARK, ON PAGE 66 IN THE MANUAL..."DAMPER TO LOWER"

#382704 - 01/27/14 09:06 AM Re: Roland E-300..some help with a New/Old board? [Re: synthola]
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
E300 manual

Attachments
E-300_om.zip (27 downloads)

#382715 - 01/27/14 10:26 AM Re: Roland E-300..some help with a New/Old board? [Re: synthola]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Mark, I do quite a bit of LH bass live band playing. TBH, I rarely ever set up the bass part so it sustains... or at the very least, I set it up so a DIFFERENT pedal does Bass/LWR sustain from the main one.

Thing is, when playing piano, you use sustain a LOT, but a bass player simply doesn't overlap notes like that (generally, one note stops as the next plays) and you can muddy up the bassline quite a bit allowing it to ring on.

I'm glad you found out how to do it, but on the whole, I'd stay away from using it much except for unusual circumstances (the LH needs to play something in the RH area while the bass note drones, stuff like that).

Keep that bassline clean...!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online