SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#379925 - 12/30/13 08:43 AM CONGRATULATIONS !!! ...
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
... to our own SteveM who woke up this morning RETIRED from the 9 - 5 ... or, as in his case with the travel etc., 5:30AM to 7:00PM !!!
So, Stevo, how did it feel getting up without having to DO anything ?!? ...

CONGRATS, Steve ... you are now a full time musician ... welcome to our world and may your 'RETIREMENT' be long, healthy, happy, and filled with great adventures, and LOTS of music ...

#379959 - 12/30/13 11:57 AM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Tony,

Many thanks..........yup retired from 9 to 5, today I feel a bit like " a man without a country" eek2 after working all these years. A few of you already retired guys tell me that in a fews weeks I'll wonder how I ever found time to do a 5:30 AM to 7 PM gig.

It's not even New Years and I started back going to Planet Fitness this morning. Yikes, couldn't sleep and woke up my usual 4:30 decided no sense spending more time in front of the computer than I already do so at 5:30 began a workout and back home before the sun or before my wife was even awake. Felt pretty good too......and yes looks like I'll be a full time musician or a busier part time one.

Thanks again T and I will be calling you soon to bring over some of the keyboard toys.

Edited by Stephenm52 (12/30/13 12:06 PM)

#379960 - 12/30/13 12:19 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: Stephenm52]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Not 'HAVING TO' do something takes a little getting used to, but it will happen ...
I admire your diligence with Planet Fitness - I have been 'getting back to' the gym for a ahile now, but it still hasn't happened ...

And I know that's a tough 15 minute trip from your place to mine, but 'come on down' ... grin
keys keys

#379962 - 12/30/13 12:28 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: tony mads usa]
billyhank Offline

Congratulations on your retirement Steve!

I still do my exercise routine 3 times a week at 80 and I know I really miss it if I skip a day or two.

What! - No list of honey do's from the better half?

Don't just sit in your study - it's true - A body in motion tends to stay in motion. ;-)

Bill G

#379963 - 12/30/13 12:42 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: tony mads usa]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Make the most. of your FREE time. I haven't had a real job in years, but still don't seem to get much accomplished. smile

#379968 - 12/30/13 01:21 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Steve, I've been self employed since 1975, working as a musician and freelance outdoor writer, and to be perfectly honest, when I walked away from the field of cardio-pulmonary medicine I never looked back. So, now I make my own, very busy, hectic schedule, still working 5 to 7 days a week, but the job is more fun than it should legally be. Additionally, on those few days a month I don't have to perform I'm out on that Morgan 33 Out Island sailboat, sipping a cold one and watching the world go by. I just got back from checking on the boat to make sure the winter cover is holding up and double checked the charge state of the batteries.

So when summer gets here, and you and your wife have nothing on the bucket list that must be filled, you guys have an open invitation to come down and spend a pleasant weekend sailing Chesapeake Bay with me and my wife. The boat has lots of room, all the amenities, fully stocked bar, kitchen, stove, refrigerator freezer, great view from the sun deck, and lots of comfort.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#379969 - 12/30/13 01:24 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: tony mads usa]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Steve, it won't be long before you'll be saying, "Where did I ever find the time to work?"

I love being retired...it goes with my chronic laziness quite well.

One thing for sure...I'm never bored...I just have much more time for my own personal music.

Congratulations on your retirement!!!

Ian

#379980 - 12/30/13 01:54 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: travlin'easy]
Tony Hughes Offline

Originally Posted By: travlin'easy
Steve, I've been self employed since 1975, working as a musician and freelance outdoor writer, and to be perfectly honest, when I walked away from the field of cardio-pulmonary medicine I never looked back. So, now I make my own, very busy, hectic schedule, still working 5 to 7 days a week, but the job is more fun than it should legally be. Additionally, on those few days a month I don't have to perform I'm out on that Morgan 33 Out Island sailboat, sipping a cold one and watching the world go by. I just got back from checking on the boat to make sure the winter cover is holding up and double checked the charge state of the batteries.

So when summer gets here, and you and your wife have nothing on the bucket list that must be filled, you guys have an open invitation to come down and spend a pleasant weekend sailing Chesapeake Bay with me and my wife. The boat has lots of room, all the amenities, fully stocked bar, kitchen, stove, refrigerator freezer, great view from the sun deck, and lots of comfort.

Gary cool

Hell that's an offer I wouldn't turn down you are a luck old sod Gary hope life continues to be good to you and your good lady wife, and a good 2014 too. Hell of a nice boat Gary

Tony
Tyros 4/Pair SR 350/ PC with a i8 intel chip, XENYX 802, Ford Focus 2 litre/Tascam DR07/Brother printer/Designjet 500/ our Doris/5 Grandchildren/ white boxers short Kymart shipped over and Typhoo Tea Earl Grey

#379983 - 12/30/13 01:56 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: tony mads usa]
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Tony, you and Lydia are always welcome here and aboard the boat too. Would love to see both of you again.

Gary cool

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#379987 - 12/30/13 02:21 PM Re: CONGRATULATIONS !!! ... [Re: tony mads usa]
Dnj Offline

Steve congrats......your gonna love your life now, hit those keys make people happy!!

If your down the jersey shore give me a shout!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online